* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:57 pm 

https://glass-shrine.bandcamp.com/album/lapidary
2 songs streaming here.

I really liked the short demo D.L. (a mysterious young man who actually posts on MA) and he'll release the full length album in September. This shit is excellent and should be supported. I know he has been looking for a label and he deserves a big endorsement. The sound could be described wiht the purple and evocative artwork, it's full of feels.
*a post brought to you by the RIM*

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:52 am 

After several months of delays, this is finally released. Feel free to check it out, I guarantee it's unlike anything you've ever heard.

Download here: https://glass-shrine.bandcamp.com/album/lapidary
Cassette tapes are available here: http://nightrhythmsrecordings.bigcartel ... o-cassette

Thanks for the support.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:46 am 

Wait, so this isn't a Cephalotripsy worship band? I'm disappointed in you, MC.

Joking aside, I'm liking what I'm hearing so far.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:32 am 

Nice work MC. I heard a preview track a while ago and found it very enjoyable so glad to see the full length has now seen the light of day. A very nice effort, enjoying the uplifting vibe the album gives off, makes for a nice change from the norm. Well done mate.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:59 am 

Thanks for the positive words, guys! :)
PDS wrote:
Wait, so this isn't a Cephalotripsy worship band? I'm disappointed in you, MC.

Something sort of like that is also in the works.

Dooders
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:11 am 

Listened to this on Bandcamp on the way to work today and ended up listening to it a few more times. Metantoine's description and that album cover got me mighty intrigued.
Anyone who likes their metal with a really distinct character and an interesting spin on black metal tropes should check this out.
Can't wait for the cassette to arrive!

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:34 am 

Yeah it's pretty solid. I really hear a good bit of Tukaaria in the riffing, but much more uplifting sounding. Very unique vibe. I feel like I'd have been all over this in 2013, but my tastes have developed more into basement-dweller trueness territory since then. Still though, super impressive stuff, even if it doesn't try hard enough to sound like Darkthrone for my tastes.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:46 am 

I really only gave this a cursory half-listen when I first heard it, but I'm giving it a bit more attention now and I really like it. It's very soft, and I don't mean it in the Deafheaven sense where it's non-threatening and wussy (though I suppose you could say those also apply), but I mean it more in the sense that it's very ethereal and soothing, with rounded edges and a deeper sense of vision. Lots of nice textures and interesting twists. Great stuff for sure.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:07 am 

I'm honestly not entirely sure what to think of it- like it's something I can respect (DL clearly had a vision of what he wanted to achieve and he got pretty damn close to it), but do I get a huge kick out of listening to it? Not at the moment. That said I still play it once in a while as it's a pretty unique album that I just haven't really figured out yet- which suggests a grower.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Reply to topic