Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Pale_Pilgrim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:40 am 

Was sad to visit Metal Archives for the first time in a bit and see that Aleah Stanbridge (Trees of Eternity with Juha from Swallow the Sun; guest with Amorphis and Swallow the Sun) has passed away. Cause says "cancer". Sad news, and sad that Trees of Eternity never got to record their planned LP. The demo is solid gothic metal and her voice is so ethereal.

R.I.P.

My DeviantArt
My old band/project

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:12 am 

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

I loved her vocals and I even purchased a t-shirt of Trees which is awesome. I cant believe these terrible news, she had such a great voice, really unique.

R.I.P.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:12 am 

And yes, Trees of Eternity recorded but never released a full album, I dont know why. An album which should be released, now more than ever.

ironmaidens_666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:51 am 

Cancer, I fucking hate you.

Pale_Pilgrim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:00 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
And yes, Trees of Eternity recorded but never released a full album, I dont know why. An album which should be released, now more than ever.

Yes - I meant to say "release" rather than "record" - I know they recorded one. Even sadder. Yes, I hope it will be properly mixed, mastered and released in the future.

My DeviantArt
My old band/project

the_bard_of_osyrhia
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:06 am 

I just heard about this yesterday. Truly awful news. The woman had an incredible voice and I was excited to see where her band would go. R.I.P.

I too hope that the album gets a release as it would be a great dedication to her and music with that much promise should never be wasted.

http://www.last.fm/user/Argaalofthemyst

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:34 pm 

*listens to demo*

I love her voice... release the fucking album, goddammit!

R.I.P. - A tragic loss.

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:35 pm 

This is the first time I heard of this band. I'm listening to them right now, I really like the style, sounds like as if Enya fronted a metal band. Such a damn shame.

Last edited by nestee8 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:06 pm 

Wow this is definitely a shock, she was pretty young. Makes it even worse that she didn't live to see the Trees of Eternity album released (whenever that will be).

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:32 pm 

sad, as she was just starting... :(

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... vDwWxMn-tc

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:04 pm 

Her solo demo is very, very good as well. Such a talented individual with a life cut so short. :(

simonitro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:23 pm 

This had me really sad. I loved the band's demo and her voice was very enchanting. It, honestly, hit me hard in my heart.

R.I.P Aleah... another great talent gone too early. :(

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:41 pm 

From their Facebook page:

Spoiler: show
My heart is broken and ripped apart beyond the words, but I try to write few lines here amongst the tears..

I lost the love of my life, my life companion for 7 years and also my
musical companion and inspiration. Life finally took away everything. There is nothing I can write to describe this pain, but at the end it is my journey.

But the reason why I write this is to tell what life can not take away from me, or anyone of us. That is Aleah's music and lyrics that will live forever on. She was already a followed shining star amongst her fans, now she will be an icon.

I want you all to know that our Trees of Eternity album WILL be released as it has been ready to be released for awhile, and it has to be the most amazing album I ever heard. We both loved it from the first note till the end and Im so proud we had a chance to share a life and write this album together and so much other music too. I also been working on Aleah´s solo album for some time and will continue on that in some point. In a meanwhile please find her music and spread it around as much as you want, this cruel world needs this angel now more than ever. There will never be another voice like hers, or a songwriter like her. She was pure magic, light and dark.

And please respect my further silence. This is just a message to all the fans of Aleah and Trees of Eternity that there is still lot to come. At least it gives a small glimpse of light in this pressuring darkness around. Maybe I write bit more one day when Im not drowning in tears, maybe I wont. There is no words that can really describe the essence of this magical being that visited us, or any words for this huge loss that just crushed my heart and so many other hearts too.

Godspeed my love, you were too sensitive and beautiful for this world. But your music will live forever on. Thank you for everything, was an honour to be there until the last breath.

-Juha-

So at least we get to hear the album in its full majesty. I can't wait - a fitting epitaph to a woefully short career.

WebOfPiss
Myopic Void

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:52 pm 

Anyone else keep reading this as Alan Partridge?

niix
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:21 pm 

did not see there was a thread for this..
yeah wow.. she was such.. a beautiful person.. inside and out.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:52 am 

Napalm_Satan wrote:
From their Facebook page:

My heart is broken and ripped apart beyond the words, but I try to write few lines here amongst the tears..

I lost the love of my life, my life companion for 7 years and also my
musical companion and inspiration. Life finally took away everything. There is nothing I can write to describe this pain, but at the end it is my journey.

But the reason why I write this is to tell what life can not take away from me, or anyone of us. That is Aleah's music and lyrics that will live forever on. She was already a followed shining star amongst her fans, now she will be an icon.

I want you all to know that our Trees of Eternity album WILL be released as it has been ready to be released for awhile, and it has to be the most amazing album I ever heard. We both loved it from the first note till the end and Im so proud we had a chance to share a life and write this album together and so much other music too. I also been working on Aleah´s solo album for some time and will continue on that in some point. In a meanwhile please find her music and spread it around as much as you want, this cruel world needs this angel now more than ever. There will never be another voice like hers, or a songwriter like her. She was pure magic, light and dark.

And please respect my further silence. This is just a message to all the fans of Aleah and Trees of Eternity that there is still lot to come. At least it gives a small glimpse of light in this pressuring darkness around. Maybe I write bit more one day when Im not drowning in tears, maybe I wont. There is no words that can really describe the essence of this magical being that visited us, or any words for this huge loss that just crushed my heart and so many other hearts too.

Godspeed my love, you were too sensitive and beautiful for this world. But your music will live forever on. Thank you for everything, was an honour to be there until the last breath.

-Juha-

So at least we get to hear the album in its full majesty. I can't wait - a fitting epitaph to a woefully short career.

Wow, trully touching words....

Its great to see that the album will be released. A future purchase for sure and well deserved farewell for such a great voice.

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:07 pm 

I finished the demo last night, truly addicting stuff. Am quite psyched for the album now that it's coming out.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:30 am 

The album's finally getting released...

Dear friends. Today is the day we can start to celebrate the music, lyrics and life of our beautiful Queen who so tragically and suddenly crossed the bridge of stars and left this world so young and so soon... So with tears in my eyes but my heart pounding with a proud, victorious beat I can finally tell you that our long awaited album "Hour of the Nightingale" will be released worldwide on November 11th through Svart Records and pre-orders start September 5th.

Here is the first single from the album, "Broken Mirror", with a beautiful and very touching lyric video Vesa Ranta made for the song.

There really are no words to describe the ultimate weight of the darkness, or the rays of the brightest of light that this album holds within its songs and lyrics. In so many ways this album turned out to be the most important album I´ve done in my life, and we both loved it from the first note to the last as we wrote it.

About Aleah... I have never met a person and a musician more connected to the very core of the absolute emotion and the soul of each note and every word she wrote or sang. She wanted her music and lyrics to be 110% honest and truthful, absolutely nothing less would do. Music was her religion and passion, a gateway to her soul and beyond. There will never be another songwriter or voice like hers that can turn the day into the darkest of night, or turn the darkness into blinding light with just one word or a whisper.

We were very proud to record "Hour of the Nightingale" together with our friends, band mates and amazing musicians, Kai Hahto, Mattias and Fredrik Norrman who all played their hearts out on this album. And working with another good friend Jens Bogren producing, recording, mixing and mastering the album we were ready to take this music to the world and play it to you all. Sadly that never happened... But this is the point where we can finally start this long journey and celebrate our Queen and singer Aleah Starbridge whose words and music will live forever on!

My heart is truly black and broken after the tragic loss of Aleah, but
every time hearing her voice in these songs something pierces through the darkness like an flaming arrow. I hope this album will do the same to you no matter what might be shadowing your own path and bring you some solace and peace.

I want to thank you all for showing so much love towards Aleah after her sudden passing. My friends, this is where her legacy starts, through the voice of an angel at this hour of the nightingale. Bless you all.

Juha & and for behalf of Kai, Fredrik and Mattias / Trees of Eternity

HOUR OF THE NIGHTINGALE

1.My Requiem
2.Eye of Night
3.Condemned to Silence (feat. Mick Moss of Antimatter)
4.A Million Tears
5.Hour of the Nightingale
6.The Passage
7.Broken Mirror
8.Black Ocean
9.Sinking Ships
10.Gallows Bird (feat. Nick Holmes of Paradise Lost)

Total playing time: 1 hour 3 minutes.

Pale_Pilgrim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:01 am 

Stoked about the album release. Also, yes, her solo demo material is great, too.

My DeviantArt
My old band/project

Reply to topic