Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:07 pm 

https://4arm.bandcamp.com/

I really liked their previous releases, especially Submission for Liberty. Practically a whole new line up on this release. I like what I hear so far, but vocally it seems conservative. Has a Metallica feel to it IMO. Give it a listen.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:39 pm 

I heard a few songs and it was competent but pretty forgettable and generic thrash. Little too modern sounding for me with my taste in thrash but they did have a few solid riffs and leads.

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:18 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
I heard a few songs and it was competent but pretty forgettable and generic thrash. Little too modern sounding for me with my taste in thrash but they did have a few solid riffs and leads.

I feel they have a lot to live up to after Submission. Then add the fact all the new personnel (vocalist mainly) and its hard for me to accept right away. The songs are very modern sounding which isn't a bad thing, but their sound is night and day from where they were on the previous albums to Survivalist. I'd like to hear more before I accept it or write if off completely.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:16 pm 

The old vocalist was pretty decent, but musically the band is very, very average. I don't agree that they have "a lot to live up to" after the last record, which was pretty rote stuff at the end of the day. I'll check it out, though.

EDIT: Yeah, the new guy kinda sounds like a less embarrassing Matt Heafy. Songwriting is pretty plodding though. I kept waiting for shit to "get real" and it never really dd...
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Reply to topic