Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
titan_v
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:49 pm 

Earlier I was browsing Ripping Corpses discography and I noticed they have one release that's accessible but three demos an a ep. It got me to thinking if they reissued that material would it be something people would buy? Another question is what are some bands that didn't get past demo, live, and rehearsal stages that would be interesting to see given the light of day?

Another good band to see this done would be Eulogy (FL). Do to their longevity its really a shame there material is limited.

Any others?

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:14 pm 

I know Demolition Hammer's demos were bundled together on a vinyl release called "Demolition Demos", but I'd really love to see a CD issue of it because the Necrology demo kicks all sorts of ass. The songs are way faster and more aggressive than on Tortured Existence, as they should be.

I'd also like to see a compilation of Vio-Lence's two 1986 demos.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:35 pm 

so would I. I loved Vio-lence, and never got to hear their demo. Ripping Corpse had some good, honest thrash too that I wouldn't mind hearing again. I heard their compilation track "We Are The Unblessed" but always wanted to pick up a physical copy of the whole demo.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:42 pm 

titan_v wrote:
Another good band to see this done would be Eulogy (FL). Do to their longevity its really a shame there material is limited.

One was actually announced last year, but nothing ever happened.

I would like to see a Salem Orchid compilation, since there are so many unreleased songs. I actually asked this on the Akercocke facebook wall and David Gray himself responded, saying he's be up for it.

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:20 pm 

I'd love to see Anathema re-issue their An Iliad of Woes and All Faith Is Lost demos, maybe with the They Die EP tracks included as well. Strange how this material has never found it's way on CD in all these years.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:15 pm 

Though I like vinyl and tapes fine, I generally feel pretty dismayed to see demo comps released exclusively on these formats. TBH, I couldn't even explain why, but it it just seems like something suited to the CD format for me. None of this limited edition NWN collector bait bullshit either. THOUSANDS OF COPIES on CD in regular fucking packaging that affords everyone the opportunity to get it easily and affordably. It sucks when labels put out reissues/rarities designed to be collector's items. It completely defeats the purpose of reissuing the material as far as I'm concerned.

At any rate, someone needs to get an official reissue of as many of the old Napalm Death demos as possible. There's all these titles that've been floating around the net for years and years now, yet the only legit nascent live/demo material that's surfaced are the Hatred Surge/FETO boots and what was featured on NFMS comp... A quality official reissue of those recordings alone would be nice. I sort of doubt a "quality" master even exists for any of this stuff anymore, though.

I think a professionally pressed, wide-release CD reissue of Towpath's demo's would be awfully cool, too. Thus far, I think only the first demo has ever been reissued on CDr in very limited quantities by the band.

AFAIK, LA Nausea's early millennial demos have not ever been compiled and reissued. Those would also be very nice to see together on a CD.

I wouldn't hate to have the early Abigail demos compiled, either (again, AFAIK, they have not been, but I haven't actually looked).

That's all that I can think of right now... Ditto on the Necrology Demo, though.

EDIT: Since Starved and Delirious are in the archives, I guess I can mention them too. It'd be really cool to have a comp of their demos, which I've concluded are impossible to find after at least 2 years of looking.

titan_v
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:49 pm 

A handful of others that would be nice would be:
Vektor, Necrovore, and Dark Angel/Shellshock demos. I know the latter of the two are available as bootlegs but a nice legitimate release wouldn't hurt. And Toxiks demo also.

DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:38 am 

Absolutely all OBSCURE INFINITY material. Especially their "Requiem" demo is fantastic, up there with the very best Swedish death metal of all times. Both Metal archives and discogs have the last song's name written wrongly by the way, its actual name is Requiescat in pace.

syx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:48 am 

Wrest has said that there are plans to release the old Leviathan and Lurker of Chalice demos on the label Devout which he runs with his partner. This would be excellent as there are 15 Leviathan demos and a few Lurker of Chalice ones and as good as the Verrator, Demos 2000 and Howl Mockery at the Cross compilations are the individual demos should be heard in their entirety!

Wizard1987
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:53 am 

Incarnated (SWE) was another very good band but they did only 2 demos in 7 years of activity. Metal-archives reports also an unreleased CD, I hope that members someday decide to release it or a best of their demos.

I hope that band like this and many others very good underrated made something like the collection of Nihilist demo (Nihilist 1987-1989). Also female death metal band Mythic was great, they did only a couple of demo and one EP before disband and also a "best of" many years later.

This topic is great, I love discover forgotten/obscure/underrated bands.

titan_v
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:24 am 

Wizard1987 wrote:
Incarnated (SWE) was another very good band but they did only 2 demos in 7 years of activity. Metal-archives reports also an unreleased CD, I hope that members someday decide to release it or a best of their demos.

I hope that band like this and many others very good underrated made something like the collection of Nihilist demo (Nihilist 1987-1989). Also female death metal band Mythic was great, they did only a couple of demo and one EP before disband and also a "best of" many years later.

This topic is great, I love discover forgotten/obscure/underrated bands.

Nihilist did release a demo comp back in 2005(?) but its ungodly hard to find. And of you do you're paying out the ass. And agreed on the Mythic.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:28 am 

I would love to find a proper demo compilation for Rotting Christ's really early work - instead of the random EPs including them and the pointless compilations that were relased recently. All of the pre-Passage work would be sweet!

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

chugging_pus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:02 pm 

Well i'm a Jersey guy so here's stuff from my area i'd like to be compiled.

I totally agree with the Ripping Corpse demos. They also had that unreleased LP without vocals. It'd be awesome if Scott Ruth went in and did the vocals and it came out. Originally that LP was supposed to be released by a start up label that never got off the ground. That label was also slated to do a release with Cosmic Hurse (Human Remains members) and I believe Damonacy.

On that note, the Cosmic Hurse demos would be cool to have released. They did a few demos and then a split 7" with Discordance Axis. The band was Will and Pat (who both played bass for Human Remains) and Will's younger brother Jim (who played in many hardcore bands such as Talk Is Poison).

Also Suiciety had a few great demos. Wild Rags eventually put out the Stains And Omissions demo. They had a few demo tapes before that. The band is actually ashamed of those recordings and i'm sure they'll never come out. I personally dug them. Guess I would describe them as doomy thrash metal with death metal influences.

Also Torture Krypt from the Jersey Shore. Killer band playing a sound similar to a less technical Suffocation.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:19 pm 

Some Graveland demos hae been reissued, but not the first three up to Drunemeton. I'd like to see that happen.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:17 am 

chugging_pus wrote:
Also Torture Krypt from the Jersey Shore. Killer band playing a sound similar to a less technical Suffocation.

They've already done that (and I've actually got it):

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/To ... pts/284381

hey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:40 am 

severzhavnost wrote:
Some Graveland demos hae been reissued, but not the first three up to Drunemeton. I'd like to see that happen.

errrr, haven't they already been?

Unaerth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:04 am 

Winds of Garden
I have always thought very highly of their demos/releases, and frequently wish some label would compile them on CD format. The creator is one of those uber prolific types, with tons of releases and projects ... so busy moving forward, that it is understandably hard to look at his back-catalog with 'preservation vision'. Too bad, as I'd like to see his Sarkel material preserved on CD as well.
Same goes for a lot of other Polish demo/MC releases from some time ago: Perunwit, Minas Morgul, Cedamus, etc.

Algaion
One of my all-time favorites. I would give a lot to have a pro CD of their demos and 'unreleased' EP.

There are undoubtedly a bunch more, but these are the first ones that come to my (subjective) mind.

frostjunkie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:59 am 

Eulogy(Tampa USA)

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:10 am 

hey wrote:
severzhavnost wrote:

errrr, haven't they already been?

Now I see that, indeed they have. Derp.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Reply to topic