Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:14 am 

Below you can listen to the first track of the new album, but in a edited version, consisting of almost 5 minutes out of the actual 11 minutes that the song has:

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/negura-bunget-nametenie

I have mixed feelings... :| :wanker:

Last edited by Paganbasque on Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:21 pm 

Paganbasque wrote:
Below you can listen to the first track of the new album, but in a edited version, consisting of almost 5 minutes out of the actual 11 minutes that the song has:
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/negura-bunget-nametenie
I have mixed feelings... :| :wanker:

Thanks!

Quote:

P.S: Wait, is this supposed to be their...
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=2480640#p2480640

Quote:
With "Tau", Romanian Folk Black Metal pioneers Negura Bunget not only present the long-awaited successor to "Virstele Pamintului" (2010), but also their first album for Lupus Lounge / Prophecy Productions with genuinely new song material. "Tau" also marks the beginning of Negura Bunget's ambitious "Transilvanian Trilogy", a sonic and visual tribute to the band's home country. While this first part highlights Romanian nature, parts two and three will deal with man, his traditions and practices as well as spiritual elements.

On "Tau", each of the eight songs represents a specific natural landscape with its unique atmosphere and mystique, its legends and meanings. Musically, Negura Bunget stick to their familiar range of sounds with both primal, harsh Black Metal elements and their meditative, folkloristic counterparts. Adding to their ever since wide array of instruments, Negura Bunget add a trumpet and other brass for the first time ever, all of which enhance the group's aural scope in an original way. Highlighting its distinctive character, the album boasts guest appearances by illustrious musicians such as Rune Eriksen (ex-Mayhem; guitars on "Impodobeala Timpului") and Sakis Tolis (Rotting Christ; vocals on "Tarim Vilhovnicesc"). Overall, the music on "Tau" seems more earthbound than on any other album by Negura Bunget and depends on an expressiveness which the Romanians have not embraced since the classic "Om". Still, the music within the concept of "Tau" is only one piece of the jigsaw. The crucial point is Transilvania's breathtaking landscape, so in the end, only the imagery of the 72-page artbook edition (which also features explanatory text on the places covered and their history) and the three (!) accompanying music videos will close the conceptual circle.

Really?!?

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:03 am 

So????? I am confused, do you like the song? haha

The growls are good but I prefer the bm vocals, the arrangements are strange, I know that NB always try to innovate but perhaps I prefer when the keys and arrangements are not so weird.

Not bad, but I want something different, anyway I need to listen to the full song in order to get a proper picture.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:53 am 

Yeah, not totally sold on it, but it wasn't too bad. I'll certainly need to hear some more.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:39 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
So????? I am confused, do you like the song? haha

Let's see... we need to listen, at least, to the whole song but I mean that it's NOT what I was expecting after what they said:

Quote:
a sonic and visual tribute to the band's home country. While this first part highlights Romanian nature, parts two and three will deal with man, his traditions and practices as well as spiritual elements.

This sounds like something similar to (2006) Negura Bunget - Om or (2010) Negura Bunget - Vîrstele Pamîntului and the sample, definitely, does NOT.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:20 am 

Yeah, I would say that this description suits perfectly well Virsteele Paminutului, which is the folkiest album.

This "extrange" new song suits more the second or third parts of the trilogy and albums like Ncrulu Bradului and the most modern/extrange/bizarre songs of OM.

I was going to purchase the special book edition but I will wai until I can listen more.

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:15 pm 

Post-OM Negura Bunget is a weird thing for me. I'd say OM is one of the finest albums I have ever heard (It's tied with DSotM at my #1 spot). However after the split and creation of Dordeduh, NB's music has never come close to capturing what was achieved on OM (Dordeduh cam much closer but still couldn't match that masterpiece). With that being said, they still have put out some enjoyable atmospheric black metal. It's of a higher quality than your average run of the mill foresty BM band, and it sounds like this newest one will be pretty good too. The sample is by no means bad, but they really aren't the same band that I fell in love with anymore.

CircleovZaphyan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:33 am 

Ok thats enough of the breakup talk for one Negura thread for once. Sample sounded great to me. Cant wait to hear the whole thing. Im glad to have this Negura and the "other" band both making quality shit. Let Negura get more bizarre. They sure were bizarre before N'Crugu when nobody else gave a wild shit about them. Im stoked to hear this.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:58 am 

CircleovZaphyan wrote:
Ok thats enough of the breakup talk for one Negura thread for once. Sample sounded great to me. Cant wait to hear the whole thing. Im glad to have this Negura and the "other" band both making quality shit. Let Negura get more bizarre. They sure were bizarre before N'Crugu when nobody else gave a wild shit about them. Im stoked to hear this.

Well, the first album is classic bm with super high keys(which I personally love) but the second album has its weird/bizarre moments though still has a lot of classic bm elements. I would say that their most bizarre album to date is N´crugu.

OM was so great that it helped me to understand better what they tried to do with N´crugu and nowadays I like this album too.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:20 am 

Full track!!!:

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:45 pm 

I love this - it's awesome they finally got solid clean vocals after the rather awkward ones on Virstele Pamintului, and the death growls are a cool change of pace. Not to beat a dead horse discussion-wise, but it finally sounds like they're confident with the new lineup rather than trying too hard to make things sound like the past (most obvious on VP, though I still enjoyed it).

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:36 am 

Well, the full song looks better but I am still slightly unimpressed. This song is pure Negura Bunget, a complex long composition, with the recognizable elements of this band and some new ones. It good to see that they try new things in order to continue being an original band.

But what is the noise in the background between the fourth and the seventh minutes? I dont know the instrument but this sound is fucking terrible and annoying, I want to hit someone each time I listen to it, haha. :brick:

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:56 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
Full track!!!:

Thanks!
I did like it. Sounds eerie but powerful.

Faunne
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:29 pm 

Paganbasque wrote:
But what is the noise in the background between the fourth and the seventh minutes? I dont know the instrument but this sound is fucking terrible and annoying, I want to hit someone each time I listen to it, haha. :brick:

Sounds like a theremin to me. Not completely certain due to how busy the track is, but that would be my guess!

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:40 am 

Faunne wrote:
Paganbasque wrote:

Sounds like a theremin to me. Not completely certain due to how busy the track is, but that would be my guess!

Thanks! you can be right Faunne. And this instrument irremediably reminds me this(which was much funnier here than to listen to it in the song):

:-D :-D :-D

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:16 am 

Faunne wrote:

Nice!

Paganbasque wrote:
Thanks! you can be right Faunne. And this instrument irremediably reminds me this(which was much funnier here than to listen to it in the song):
[video]:-D :-D :-D

That was annoying as fuck! LOL!
Better this:

Faunne
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:23 am 

Paganbasque wrote:

:-D :-D :-D

You're welcome!
As annoying as they really can be though, the instrument is seriously fun to toy with (retro sci-fi sounds!). Really brings out the curious child in me, and is definitely "hands-on" to the extreme (ironically). :) I didn't mind it in the context of NB's song, but it was definitely unexpected within the soundscape.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:23 pm 

Gigan has theremin including live and it works awesomely.
I like it here too but its kinda sad that the theremin part in the 6th-7th minute is kinda the most interesting section of the entire song

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:58 pm 

This track from the second album also includes thee theremin but in my opinion is much better used here than in the new song:

swebarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:26 am 

Leak is out, liking what a ihear so far a solid album for sure.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:16 am 

swebarb wrote:
Leak is out, liking what a ihear so far a solid album for sure.

What?!? It has leaked SO soon?!?
Edit: Yeah, it did.
Edit 2: I got it!

Promo info and tour dates:

Spoiler: show

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:12 am 

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Just finishing "Impodobeala Timpului"(only two more to finish the album) and my ears are bleeding...

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:01 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:
Just finishing "Impodobeala Timpului"(only two more to finish the album) and my ears are bleeding...

Impodobeala Timpului from (2015) Negură Bunget - Tău is just RIDICULOUS.

:eek:

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:09 am 

After two spins...sadly I can only say that is one of the biggest(if not the biggest) disappointments I have ever had with a new album. And this hurts specially because this comment comes from a long time fan and a guy who was dying to buy the special book edition.
I am sad, so sad. :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :cry: :brick:

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:19 am 

What?! What's the problem? That first track sounded pretty good...

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:36 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
After two spins...sadly I can only say that is one of the biggest(if not the biggest) disappointments I have ever had with a new album. And this hurts specially because this comment comes from a long time fan and a guy who was dying to buy the special book edition.
I am sad, so sad. :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :cry: :brick:

Let's give it some more listening time but... I will ask it AGAIN:

Quote:
A sonic and visual tribute to the band's home country. While this first part highlights Romanian nature, parts two and three will deal with man, his traditions and practices as well as spiritual elements.

What?!? Are you FUCKING kidding me, Negru?!?

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:28 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Let's give it some more listening time but... I will ask it AGAIN:

Quote:
A sonic and visual tribute to the band's home country. While this first part highlights Romanian nature, parts two and three will deal with man, his traditions and practices as well as spiritual elements.

What?!? Are you FUCKING kidding me, Negru?!?

And what's so bad with that? Negura Bunget's always been about all those, and related concept albums are cool as long as the music's good. You guys are losing me here. :P

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:47 am 

Nooooooooooooooooo, you are absolutely lost.

We like this concept, the problem with the album is that what we listen to doesnt fit at all the mentioned concept.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:14 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
Nooooooooooooooooo, you are absolutely lost.
We like this concept, the problem with the album is that what we listen to doesnt fit at all the mentioned concept.

Bingo! LOL!

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:03 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
Full track!!!:

Did we post the official video for the track?
http://www.negurabunget.com/

Quote:
The new Negură Bunget video for the track Nămetenie (TĂU album) is now online. The images for the clip were filmed on various locations on Fagaras, Apuseni and Retezat Mountains. The video was directed again by Daniel Dorobatu (who's in charge for the whole visual content of Negură Bunget's Transilvanain Trilogy).

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:38 pm 

since they are on their 40th lineup it's not surprising.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:36 am 

g_k wrote:
since they are on their 40th lineup it's not surprising.

Well, the 39th lineup did work well.

The new video is good, and onother is coming soon, lets see if it is very similar.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:58 pm 

A new song has been posted, probably the only nice surprise from the new cd. And a nice video, by the way.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:22 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
A new song has been posted, probably the only nice surprise from the new cd. And a nice video, by the way.
[youtube]

Thanks!

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:10 pm 

Paganbasque wrote:

My problem with this new album has been stated in one of the comments in the last posted video:

Quote:
My expectation is that, when i hear a new material from an artist i know, regardless how inovative is the material, to feel that the same artist is behind the ropes, the spirit, soul of the music, f the creator shoule be there. I also tend to appreciate a "classical" approach, to stay true to some feelings when as a band/ project you build an identity. As +Dorfjunge pointed out "Awesome atmosphere and sound, but i totally miss the pressure, so I don't really like it" that is, Negura Bunget, means something in old romanian, and most of the music they did till this last material was in spirit of that name. I seen too many bands that became very soft in time, becoming totally opposite to what the band name suggest and to what was the spirit of the music they done at beginning.

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=2504576#p2504576

Paganbasque wrote:
By the way, Negura is posting everyday reviews of Tau with ratings around 9 out 10, it seems that we are missing something. :eek:

Let's see... Reviews:
https://www.facebook.com/negurabunget

Quote:

Anyway, NOBODY is talking about this album since we last posted so...

Edit: I just read those two reviews and only say generic shit (without taking into account the band's career or evolution).

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:28 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Anyway, NOBODY is talking about this album since we last posted so...
Edit: I just read those two reviews and only say generic shit (without taking into account the band's career or evolution).

Ok, trailer for the TĂU romanian avanpremiere gigs:

And a review by TheNeedleDrop:

I agree with him but it's way worse than being indiferent in my case.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:42 am 

From time to time I check the album but my feelings are the same.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:47 am 

Paganbasque wrote:

Nice way to start a promising trilogy, right?

:ugh:

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:54 am 

Paganbasque wrote:

It's not one of those albums that grows on you eventually. It juust sounds so uninspired and half assed

CircleovZaphyan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:50 am 

Or its taking people a while to absorb this album. I still am. Dont hate it though, there are parts I really like. But I couldnt recall a single part upon first listen.

I will say that the production is amazing though. Very bass heavy and clear.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next