Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Gypaetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:53 am 

I know quite a few people on here like Stargazer so I thought this deserved its own thread. Stargazer have put one of the tracks from their upcoming album 'A Merging to the Boundless' up on bandcamp, as well as the cover art:

http://nuclearwarnowproductions.bandcam ... -boundless

I can't wait for this to come out, but I'm a bit disappointed that it isn't going to be released till Dec 31st. It's not all bad though, the new song sounds absolutely amazing to me. This has shot up to one of my most anticipated albums for the rest of the year.

Last edited by Gypaetus on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SoundsofDecay
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:12 pm 

Yeah it sounds great. Their last album was amazing, so I can't wait for this.

Bishop_Drugsalot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:29 pm 

This band is so fucking awesome.

Love the new song, the artwork as well.
Shout out when it's available for pre-order.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:34 pm 

THAT album art! So wicked.

This is amazing news. I always thought they had disbanded. Now I'll surely try to get my hands when it comes out.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:37 pm 

Great album art, even greater band.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:52 pm 

I remember A Great Work of Ages having some pretty good, interesting stuff in it. I might check this out, especially with that wicked cover art as an incentive.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:15 pm 

All aspects of this pleases me greatly. I was starting to wonder if there was going to be a new album ever. This is greatness.

lewman123
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:44 pm 

In this live video they play 2 songs off the new album. I think its "A merging to the boundless" first and "Black Gammon" last

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxfn22HiK_A

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:14 pm 

Haven't heard them in a while, but the song sounds awesome!

Those nipples are freaking me out though.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Gypaetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:44 pm 

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but Stargazer have released this early! A full stream of the album is on their bandcamp http://nuclearwarnowproductions.bandcam ... -boundless and the CD's available on the NWN website.

:hyper:

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:47 pm 

I just ordered this yesterday and I'm REALLY stoked to check the band out. It seems like they are all about taking their time and crafting an album. I have no idea what to expect as far as their sound, but I'd be thrilled if it's as weird/enthralling as something like The Formulas of Death or Sweven.

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:45 pm 

Have only given this a couple of spins so far, but I think this is their best release to date. Completely blew my expectations out of the water.

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:58 pm 

It seems like these guys couldn't make a bad album even if they tried to. Listened to three songs and they were all brilliant. Can't wait to get this

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:03 pm 

Album of the year for me, and easily their best record to date. It's a very inspiring listen; lots of interesting harmonies, the bass work is stellar, and the way the songs move, twisting and turning through different moods while retaining "riffiness" is definitely captivating. If I had only one gripe, it's that there aren't more songs! :lol:

Gypaetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:10 pm 

Dragunov wrote:
Album of the year for me, and easily their best record to date. It's a very inspiring listen; lots of interesting harmonies, the bass work is stellar, and the way the songs move, twisting and turning through different moods while retaining "riffiness" is definitely captivating. If I had only one gripe, it's that there aren't more songs! :lol:

I think it's going to be album of the year for me too. The bass in this whole album is just :drool: but a particular highlight was the bass solo in The Grand Equalizer. That was one of the only 'Holy shit!' moments I've had when listening to an album this year. The way they make everything fit together is just so damn cool. It sounds to me almost like the songs have a life/mind of their own and they just naturally flow together.

Jonpo - It's much weirder than any of the 'weird' death metal albums that have come out recently, but it's a totally different kind of weird. This is a much riffier, and more aggressive album than any of those 'weird' death metal albums that have come out recently (The Formulas of Death, Sweven etc). The weirdness also sounds a lot more effortless. I don't really know how to put it into words properly, but, to me anyway, the weirdness of say... Sweven was the result of the Morbus Chron guys going "Let's make this album sound all weird and progressive and whatnot", but the weirdness of this album was the result of Stargazer going "Let's make another album" and it just turned out this way.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:16 am 

its an amazing album i am not sure if i prefer this to their last album though, their last album seemed to have more groove

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:25 am 

Gammon and tea? NWN!core about English culinary favourites? I anxiously await future releases including tracks such as 'Inverted Hot Cross Buns' and 'Pork Pie of the Greysome Abyss'.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:06 pm 

Acrobat wrote:
NWN!core

lol

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:58 pm 

Gypaetus wrote:
Jonpo - It's much weirder than any of the 'weird' death metal albums that have come out recently, but it's a totally different kind of weird. This is a much riffier, and more aggressive album than any of those 'weird' death metal albums that have come out recently (The Formulas of Death, Sweven etc). The weirdness also sounds a lot more effortless. I don't really know how to put it into words properly, but, to me anyway, the weirdness of say... Sweven was the result of the Morbus Chron guys going "Let's make this album sound all weird and progressive and whatnot", but the weirdness of this album was the result of Stargazer going "Let's make another album" and it just turned out this way.

Sounds incredible man! I know what you mean as far as trying to put words to the sound. The fact that you're struggling with it lets me know I'm in for something special. Being effortlessly quirky is a huge bonus.

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:07 am 

i've spun this a few times now and it's definitely growing on me... a merging to the boundless sounds a lot like a more proggy morbid angel

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:00 pm 

the more i listen to it, the better it sounds, its definitely a grower

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:41 am 

Just got my copy last night, listened to it twice since then. I am having a difficult time forming complete sentences regarding the music. It's atmospheric, confrontational, blissful, and thoughtful by turns.

Reply to topic