Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:25 am 

Spoiler: show

Who's not looking forward to this one? Strangely title III I instead of the expected IV, though no surprise when it comes to these guys (the morse code was an awesome touch). It is due out in less than a month, 6th of September to be precise. Avantagarge have stated on their facebook 'the coldest and darkest of them all'. Being a fan of all things Wintherr, personally I can wait.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=133001527259&_rdr

Last edited by STORMM on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:30 am 

Totally thought this was going to be due out last year, they hinted at a new album yet only released a re-recorded demo. Absolutely psyched. Darkspace III was phenomenal. Though it might be extraordinarily niche, I can't get enough of this band's music - it's all quite unique and memorable. Really been digging the production on III and the -I rerecording, I hope the new album keeps up that trend.

EDIT: 666th post :beer:

Meditari
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:40 am 

Awesome news! Darkspace III was amazing, and that mixed with how consistently good the band is gives me little doubts about me liking this one as well. I didn't really care for -I, though. Also, the little image in this album art is not my favorite that they've had, but it doesn't matter much. I'm definitely looking forward to this!

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:43 am 

It's finally happening! :hyper:

I want to see the track listing now of all things. Will it be a bunch of 10+ minute long songs like I and III were or two 20 minute pieces like II?

alexaons
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:49 pm 

That's a pleasant suprise, I thought this would never came out!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:51 pm 

Where's the pre-order link and why isn't it up yet?! :hyper:

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:03 pm 

Pretty psyched! I'll be buying the shit outta this album. III was always my favourite and I have pretty high hopes. Now they just need to play live here :)

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:19 pm 

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

~Guest 285672
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:20 pm 

Black metal album of the year, if not album of the year in general, calling it now. 2014 has been great, but I think this is going to be the most asphyxiating thing to come out in a while. I have entirely high hopes.

PS, anyone catch this edited live video of them yet? It's pretty insane, their sound quality on stage is really impressive as well.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:21 pm 

Nnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccssssssse

Darkspace, like PdH, is such a mood thing though, however awesome the albums are I rarely feel in the right headspace for them, or with the appropriate amount of time on my hands ;) Still a must-buy!!!

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:26 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Nnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccssssssse

Darkspace, like PdH, is such a mood thing though, however awesome the albums are I rarely feel in the right headspace for them, or with the appropriate amount of time on my hands ;) Still a must-buy!!!

I'm the same way. I thought Das Tor was one of the best releases last year and I've listened to it maybe a grand total of 5 times (it was perfect when I was working nights during the winter). Truly, this is mood music, but they are damn effective and they never fail to leave an impression, even if the first few listens are a bit blurry.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:54 am 

They will be on stage soon after release, would be a damn awesome gig to get to, especially with Bolzer on there to.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:20 pm 

Markov wrote:
PS, anyone catch this edited live video of them yet? It's pretty insane, their sound quality on stage is really impressive as well.

I was actually at that show! They played at around 4:30PM on Friday and I can tell you that I had to skip the band playing after them, which I really wanted to see as well. I think it was Brujeria if memory serves. But I just couldn't, I needed to breathe in breathe out and do something different for a few minutes.

To say that Darkspace live is intense is an understatement!

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:55 pm 

Damnit man! Where is the preorder information!?!?!

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:44 pm 

Color me interested!

~Guest 336777
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:45 am 

Also interested. Hails.

Cendelence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:15 am 

Markov wrote:
Black metal album of the year, if not album of the year in general, calling it now. 2014 has been great, but I think this is going to be the most asphyxiating thing to come out in a while. I have entirely high hopes.

That performance on youtube is incredible. What song is that?

Jabawock
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:36 pm 

Cendelence wrote:
Markov wrote:

That performance on youtube is incredible. What song is that?

It's 1.2 in the first part of the video, and 2.10 towards the end. The intro sample isn't used in any of their songs on cd, but it was used for instance in a song by Todtgelichter:

I was there by the way, right in the middle of the front row :-P

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:50 pm 

This will be an instant purchase for me, love everything about the band. One of the few acts that have an aesthetic that flawlessly meshes with the music and actually enhances the whole experience rather than takes away from it.

Schnee
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:54 am 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Damnit man! Where is the preorder information!?!?!

Pre-orders were done back in June per email, I think it might be sold out now. There will probably be a second run of unlimited crystal cases I suppose.

Schnee
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:56 am 

Also, signal transcription + slight ambient sample for those interested http://www.darkcyberspace.com/transcription.html

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:14 am 

Fuck that is shit to hear this is sold out already but as you say im sure they will do a second run. I wonder what way the pre-orders where selected? I must have missed this.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:02 am 

Fuck, really!? That's the one thing I really don't like about the band, that overwhelming need to be mysterious and kvlt. It's fine if that's your gimmick but when it impedes my ability to buy your product well then fuck off.

Sorry masters please don't smite me. I need the new album...

Azmodes wrote:

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:02 am 

And I wanted 1/500, that's bogus :thumbsdown: September 6th is right around the corner, I wonder if anything has been releaked yet. I don't listen to these guys much either since I really need to be in a stay in the basement with no lights on mood, but I might listen to this one when it's still bright and sunny.

Schnee
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:08 am 

Fuck, really!? That's the one thing I really don't like about the band, that overwhelming need to be mysterious and kvlt. It's fine if that's your gimmick but when it impedes my ability to buy your product well then fuck off.

Sorry masters please don't smite me. I need the new album...

In fact, quite the opposite. I have the feeling that it was kept "secret" so only the band lovers are able to purchase it - also pre-ordering through email with forms to fill was probably meant to discourage greedy resellers. In any case, you should still be able to buy the album once it's released, even though it won't be the limited digipack edition. There's no need to complain imho.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:14 pm 

I see. I will hold out for the repress though I honestly think this will make it a sought after download for the many people who missed out, depending on how quick the jewel case is released, time will tell if it gets leaked. I wonder how this was done or how you got on the email list? I didnt see any info about how to order/pre-order and I am not aware of any official Darkspace forums or the likes. Interesting. Ah well it will be worth the extra wait regardless!

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:26 pm 

Fuck me, if even STORMM can't get on the list to buy an original copy what hope do mere mortals such as myself have??? :(

Azmodes wrote:

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:24 pm 

Fuck me, if even STORMM can't get on the list to buy an original copy what hope do mere mortals such as myself have??? :(

I know what you mean. Damn, I'd like one of those ultra limited digipaks for once in my life. :p

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:27 pm 

One can only try haha :) some bands are much more difficult to reach than others

PurpleDoom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:53 pm 

The deal with the pre-order is something Avantgarde Music did. I couldn't find the original post on their site, but they set up some weird pre-order system for some of their upcoming releases, such as this one and Abigor's Leytmotif Luzifer, where you would essentially pick a bundle of releases you wanted to receive whenever they ended up coming out (uncertainty about exact release dates was part of the reason they set up the orders this way, rather than doing traditional pre-orders.) I imagine it'll appear in the Avantgarde webstore, quite possibly in the digipak version, when it's officially released. At any rate, it wasn't an attempt to be "kvlt" or obscure by the band, just an unusual business decision by the label.

Anyway, definitely excited for this release. Wintherr consistently puts out fantastic stuff between Darkspace and Paysage d'Hiver.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:16 pm 

PurpleDoom wrote:
The deal with the pre-order is something Avantgarde Music did. I couldn't find the original post on their site, but they set up some weird pre-order system for some of their upcoming releases, such as this one and Abigor's Leytmotif Luzifer, where you would essentially pick a bundle of releases you wanted to receive whenever they ended up coming out (uncertainty about exact release dates was part of the reason they set up the orders this way, rather than doing traditional pre-orders.) I imagine it'll appear in the Avantgarde webstore, quite possibly in the digipak version, when it's officially released. At any rate, it wasn't an attempt to be "kvlt" or obscure by the band, just an unusual business decision by the label.

Anyway, definitely excited for this release. Wintherr consistently puts out fantastic stuff between Darkspace and Paysage d'Hiver.

Thanks for clearing that up PurpleDoom. A strange way to do business indeed.

Back Stabbath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:17 am 

Oh fark yes I jus' jissed in my pantz. Darkspace is supreme awesome.

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:35 pm 

I'll just leave this here....

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:24 pm 

Oh my god, it sounds so much cleaner than their previous stuff! But I do like it a lot! :nods:

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:32 pm 

Sounds fan-fuckin-tastic. That sample raised my already high expectations.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:41 pm 

I know it's YT quality, and I'm using headphones given the advanced hour, but isn't this sounding a bit too clean? As in much cleaner than the last album?

I'd like to address those keys too. They sound different, much more into electronic territory. Both 4.19 and 4.20 show hints of that, but more so on the former than the later. The knack for industrial chugging seems to be retained but the atmosphere is apparently different?! I don't know, maybe I'm just tripping with the snippet. I really like the breakdown into mid-tempo on 4.19 though, classic Darkspace material.

Guess we now know the album will have three songs. They'll probably be long-as-fuck songs, but I have a feeling they may not be as long as expected. Just a feeling...

PS: Boy, I'm entranced by this snippet! Where's the goddamn pre-order???

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:13 am 

Definitely cleaner sounding but still sounds just as good all the same, I am happy with that clip.

Infernalord
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:37 am 

I am quite pleased with this "teaser". Apparently my prayers were listened and the production has been cleaned a bit, but not too much. Finally everything is more clear! Looking forward to get this release!
Can't wait until it's out, I've been lucky to have seen them live and I hope that in this new record, Zorgh's screaming takes a higher involvement.
androdion wrote:
I'd like to address those keys too. They sound different, much more into electronic territory. Both 4.19 and 4.20 show hints of that, but more so on the former than the later. The knack for industrial chugging seems to be retained but the atmosphere is apparently different?! I don't know, maybe I'm just tripping with the snippet.

Don't freak out about the keys, the ones in 4.19 fit the song, in my opinion. :wink:

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:14 am 

Look what the cat dragged in! :p

Yeah, those keys aren't a deal breaker or anything like that, but they do seem to aim for a different shade of grey (or dark if you want to be specific). On 4.19 it's the thing that's more readily apparent as "being different" hence my mentioning of them, but after listening to that snippet almost ten times (!) I have to agree that it fits.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:16 am 

Infernalord wrote:
I am quite pleased with this "teaser". Apparently my prayers were listened and the production has been cleaned a bit, but not too much. Finally everything is more clear! Looking forward to get this release!
Can't wait until it's out, I've been lucky to have seen them live and I hope that in this new record, Zorgh's screaming takes a higher involvement.
androdion wrote:
I'd like to address those keys too. They sound different, much more into electronic territory. Both 4.19 and 4.20 show hints of that, but more so on the former than the later. The knack for industrial chugging seems to be retained but the atmosphere is apparently different?! I don't know, maybe I'm just tripping with the snippet.

Don't freak out about the keys, the ones in 4.19 fit the song, in my opinion. :wink:

Same here, I was just waiting to enjoy a cleaner production, and finally it seems that they have made a little step forward. The teaser sounds great so I cant wait to listen to the full masterpiece!!

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next