Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:01 am 

Exigence wrote:
I'm very happy with it! "Salt the Wound" and "My Last Nerve" for the fucking win. Needs a few more listens and I do agree, it's a little long for a thrash album. Hatriot does that shit too but I prefer Exodus' guitar tones.

Salt The Wound is the worst track because that opening riff is that dumb-ass scale progression they always use.

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:11 am 

It's a pretty great album actually. My favourite song so far is Salt the Wound!

Exigence

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:27 am 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Exigence wrote:
I'm very happy with it! "Salt the Wound" and "My Last Nerve" for the fucking win. Needs a few more listens and I do agree, it's a little long for a thrash album. Hatriot does that shit too but I prefer Exodus' guitar tones.

Salt The Wound is the worst track because that opening riff is that dumb-ass scale progression they always use.

Uh, so? It hits hard, it's catchy, it's angry Zetro. Could've been on TOTD. All good in my neighborhood.

Metal_Jaw
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:55 pm 

An OK album. Not as all-out great nor as varied as TOTD, and some of the songs really could use a minute or two trimmed off. Great solos all around, save for Hammett's obviously, and Zetro still sounds great if not as outright venomous as he did on TOTD or even the Hatriot albums. The title track and "BTK" are instant classics.

TheIbexMoon666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:37 am 

Blood in, Blood Out is just a straight forward gold old fashion thrashin. This may be the most consistent album they have put out since reuniting. I can't get enough of it.

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:48 am 

Good stuff!

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:57 pm 

Well, I guess since we necro'd this thread, sure. I think this is one of the top 5 best Exodus albums. Killer front to back.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:02 pm 

FD makes a good point that they reuse that note progression on Salt the Wound, and yeah it is beyond played out. The riffs are a little samey here and there if you are familiar with Tempo and beyond, but overall I really enjoyed it. One thing that I think I forgot to mention in my review...the gang shouts, they're humorously overused in some spots. Like Honor Killings: "Decapitated! DE CAP I TAT ED!" I think I like Collateral Damage the best overall.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:40 pm 

Collateral Damage was easily the highlight of this thing, yeah. Its mostly kind of samey and tired, unfortunately... And that production job, geez. Why such neutered guitars?
Hehe, foreskins.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:53 pm 

Crick, Exodus has been using that crusted-over, garbled guitar tone since Tempo Of The Damned. It's awful. Always has been, always will be.

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:21 pm 

If by "awful", you mean incredible. Seriously, I've always loved that guitar tone. You all can hate it all you want, more for me.

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:51 am 

So, sorry to bump the thread, but I feel like this is the best place for it. It seems someone managed to dig up demo versions of these songs with Dukes' vocals on them.

Black 13- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxbF3Ag ... GraveTruth

Blood In, Blood Out- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiHmUee ... GraveTruth

Body Harvest- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6lgdNr ... GraveTruth

On the whole I feel Zetro did a much better job. Rob doesn't sound like he's totally into it.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:19 am 

thrashinbatman wrote:
Well, I guess since we necro'd this thread, sure. I think this is one of the top 5 best Exodus albums. Killer front to back.

I'd say it's my second favourite after 'Bonded by blood', love it to bits :headbang:

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:55 pm 

Dukes is a cool dude, but thank goodness he is gone.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Implar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:57 pm 

I loved Dukes on some releases, like Exhibit B, but Zetro sound way better and more energetic on the newest release.
Dukes always killed it live though, I'm looking forward to seeing them live with Zetro.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:10 pm 

I listened to both versions of Salt the Wound and I honestly thought they sounded about even. Dukes sounded more energetic to me but Zetro definitely brings more character to the song. However, it'd be Zetro hands down if we were talking Tempo of the Damned era as his voice seems to have gotten shriekier in the last couple years.

And on a related note, the whole thing does remind me of that fantasy where they find demos of Zetro singing Shovel Headed Kill Machine.

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:39 pm 

The only thing I have to contribute to this thread is my annoyance over the lack of a comma in the middle of the album's title. Damn Exodus and their disregard for punctuation.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5