Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
NorthernDarkness6
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:37 pm 

12/18 and 12/17 mark the 30th anniversary of the legendary Dortmund HM Festival in 1983. Did any of you witness this event? What were the highlights? Also, what was the running order? A Kerrang article from that era seemed to indicate that Krokus closed out the first night. Surfing the web, one site implied that the running order on the 2nd day was Quiet Riot first, then Iron Maiden, then Def Leppard, then Judas Priest, then Ozzy Osbourne, and finally, Scorpions closed the show.

NorthernDarkness6
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:40 pm 

I got my reprint of Metal Hammer #1 from 1984 a few days ago and the show review answered my question. Both days had bizarre running orders. On day 1, it was Ozzy first, then Def Leppard, then Scorpions, then Iron Maiden, then the Michael Schenker Group, and Krokus ended the show. On day 2, Iron Maiden opened the show followed by Judas Priest, then Scorpions, then Ozzy, then Quiet Riot, and lastly Def Leppard. So even though MSG was the opening act for Iron Maiden's fall 1983 European tour, they came on after Maiden on day 1. Also, while Quiet Riot was the opening act for Judas Priest's December 1983 UK tour, they played second to last before Def Leppard on day 2.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:14 am 

amusing

Reply to topic