Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:06 am 

So what's with this album? Stand full length album, but for whatever reason you can't find it anywhere for a reasonable price? Is there any story behind maybe being under produced or anything? It just seems weird that this necrophobic album, out of all their albums, would be so hard to find.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:20 am 

Really? :scratch:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=224720&ev=mb

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... 497&sr=8-1

Also it's true that Regain releases is one of the most expensive on the metal market and I'm very happy they're out of business.

"You make it easy."

Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:58 am 

The label answers my question, but I still don't understand why the band wouldn't have re-released the album under a new label, or bandcamp at least, considering Blinded by Light, Enlightened by Darkness is probably he first song people are going to hear when they search the band. It wouldn't make sense for the album that song is on to be so unavailable.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:04 am 

I sold that sucker a while ago and cheap I might add.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:09 pm 

I have actually always wondered about this...this is easily the greatest Necrophobic album ever, and it makes no sense that seems to be generally unavailable. I mean, an imported copy is going for 3,000 dollars on Amazon...that makes no sense to me. I guess I should be lucky that I found my copy used, in FYE!

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:23 pm 

Big_Grand wrote:
The label answers my question, but I still don't understand why the band wouldn't have re-released the album under a new label, or bandcamp at least, considering Blinded by Light, Enlightened by Darkness is probably he first song people are going to hear when they search the band. It wouldn't make sense for the album that song is on to be so unavailable.

It might just be that they simply dont have the rights to it. Dark Funeral had to go to court(I think), to get the rights to the earlier albums. Monstrosity cant rerelease Imperial Doom(Lee Harrison said something on Facebook that it was too difficult or something about former band members).

Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:01 pm 

It really sucks if that's the case then, because as a few of you said, it's on of the best albums by them. Well I'm glad he Lions Den posted that link from Amazon, it must have just been added or something because before the cheapest I've seen it was around $60, and then a bunch of CD Maximum releases from Russia that I almost bought.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:43 pm 

Big_Grand wrote:
and then a bunch of CD Maximum releases from Russia that I almost bought.

Nothing wrong with CD-maximum releases.

Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:14 pm 

The only thing was just that I would have had to wait maybe over a month for it to imported and everything, and I've also heard some things about them putting out some bootlegs. Either way I ended up going through with that order as well because my friend wanted the CD, so I will sell it back to him when I get it.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:44 pm 

How does an album from 2006 that has a European version (OK so Regain is defunct, but still...) and a US version (on Candlelight, which isn't that small) get to be completely unavailable?! :scratch:

It can be out of stock if you meant to buy a sealed copy, but it can usually be found easily in the secondary market. I guess you're just not looking for it in the right, places that's all.

And speaking about CD-Maximum, they license releases for the Baltic region so there's nothing wrong with them. They do it for big companies too, and I believe Nuclear Blast is among those. And since NB is the label to not fuck with, anyone working with them should be pretty much bulletproof. ;)

MalariaMosquito
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:16 pm 

$12 USD seems reasonable:
http://www.wickedmusicshop.com/products ... rimthursum

Reply to topic