aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:33 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAc_OQhEXEg

Mille is a sweetheart... I'm glad he failed the last question tho :D

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:12 am 

So is the German word for holiday the same as vacation, because I don't think he really understood what the first question was supposed to be.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:25 am 

No, but for some reason that's a common mistake. "Urlaub" is vacation, "Ferien" is holidays/recess and "Feiertag" is a single holiday, but there are certain ambiguities.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

veyita88
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:38 am 

Mille seems to be much nicer in person than he looks in some pics, hehe. Cool interview, the girls dont ask him much dumb questions as i was expecting, i mean, Spiderman is also one of my fav super heroes. Also i thought at the end that he would know all of the Spice Girls, lol, i only knew about Victoria Beckham too, for the rest of them i have no idea.

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:42 pm 

haha, good concept. I had an idea for an interview format a few years back I called "10 beers with turner" - didn't eventuate, of course.

there's another clip on youtube somewhere of mille on a german kids' show and the kids ask him questions. first question off the bat is "is your hair real?" ha ha.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:15 pm 

The Kids Interview Bands channel is pretty entertaining. My favorite ones so far are the Skeletonwitch and Brann Dailor interviews, especially when Brann shows the girls the "proper" way to headbang.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:22 am 

That was a fun interview... He seems like a really fun guy. And I am surprised at how good his English is, even when all their songs are in English and they have toured for many years. He speaks like a English speaking person, but whit the accent. Germany and the "latin-language"(France, Italy, Spain) countries of Europe are often the worst when it comes to speaking English. And I do get how he could misunderstand the first question.

Another fun one I was the Ben Weinman Interview:
Spoiler: show

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:46 am 

inhumanist wrote:
No, but for some reason that's a common mistake. "Urlaub" is vacation, "Ferien" is holidays/recess and "Feiertag" is a single holiday, but there are certain ambiguities.

And in English-English we go on holiday, whereas Americans go on vacation. So, I guess it depends on which type of English you've studied, too.

Muloc7253
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:08 pm 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
So is the German word for holiday the same as vacation, because I don't think he really understood what the first question was supposed to be.

Probably, at least in England we don't say vacation, holiday can mean either a trip away or a festive day. If I was going away on a plane I'd say I'm going on holiday, not on vacation, so the double meaning is probably the same throughout Europe.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:50 pm 

Yeah here in The States saying that you're going "on holiday" doesn't sound right in context. Here "holiday" means like Christmas, Halloween, New Years, etc.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

lupin99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:52 am 

I love these videos, the one where they interview The Melvins is great.

The Animator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:51 am 

I watched a few of their interviews, they're pretty funny. It makes me wonder how this got started. I assume the girls parents are in the music industry or something. The interview with Baroness was really funny, especially the part about the figs.

The Infamous Bastard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:02 am 

The channel seems fun. I chuckled a bit at Ghost BC appearing in one of the videos. Thought that the Nameless Ghoul was too short for a ghoul. Then realized the possibility that he might be sitting.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:39 pm 

Tom Araya joins the sweethearts club: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjdaW5ufzbg

a coupla interesting tidbits, and thankfully he doesn't get the dreaded last question right either :D

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:34 pm 

Tom looks and sounds so old and tired in that. He really doesn't look like he has many years on the touring side of things left, especially considering his back.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:47 pm 

Haha, Tom is great! :) He should dress up like Santa for Christmas, I really think he could pull it off!

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:27 am 

That interview with Tom is awesome. To be honest, it's what I expect these metal musicians to be - nice and charming. You can't be assholes to these little girls. They should make things more interesting with their next interviews and perhaps get Gaahl or Necrobutcher.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:57 am 

amon amarth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nTfuUiwvN0

pity she didn't ask him to swap hats for the interview...

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:11 am 

What's with all the necrobumps?

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:41 am 

um, whenever there's an interview with a metal artist on their channel I post it here? does that equal necrobump, kind sir?

BlackFlags
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:10 am 

I'm not really up with my German, but when he was explaining the older way of speaking German, well, what is that exactly? is that like, old Germanic or something? how many variations of the language are there?

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:07 pm 

well, theres regional dialects but I'm guessing he meant this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_High_German

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:14 pm 

Just saw a little of the Mille one so I'm gonna be generalizing all the videos just by that but there doesn't seem to be any chemistry to make the interview really shine. Having young girl interviewers are certainly disarming in a fun way and it's easier to let things slide unlike having a dumbass guy just trolling it (I go back to this one interview this dude-bro was doing with Satyr from Satyricon on the tour bus, "duuude yeaaeaaah awesooome" with Satyr looking like he wants to snap his neck). So yeah, not terrible, but maybe I need to see another one to actually get more than just answers to questions with no actual back-and-forth between the girls and the artist.

I shouldn't expect timeless interviews like the drunk Fenriz "rock and roll gas station" one or the hipster failing at interviewing Killswitch Engage.

Edit: and I just saw that this thread was almost a year old before that bump. Yes, that was a necrobump, aloof. A major one.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Gorblethorp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:27 pm 

aloof wrote:
amon amarth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nTfuUiwvN0

pity she didn't ask him to swap hats for the interview...

This one is hilarious, Johan Hegg seems like a friendly guy. His speaking voice is deep as shit, no wonder his growls are so beastly.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:57 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
Edit: and I just saw that this thread was almost a year old before that bump. Yes, that was a necrobump, aloof. A major one.

so what would you have me do? start a new thread for each band/video?

on a sidenote, and with regards to your on-topic post, you're totally missing the point...

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:13 am 

You could just post 'em in the FFA thread, I guess. That'd stop annoying anyone by committing thread necromancy.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:35 am 

then again, one thread for all kib videos, has a certain consistency... that the ffa thread lacks (which is the point of it, I know).

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:49 am 

I don't see anything wrong with this type of thread rezzing, for all the reasons aloof has given.

Gorblethorp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:08 am 

Anyone getting legitimately annoyed about relevant updates to an old thread needs to take a walk outside or something.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:16 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
So yeah, not terrible, but maybe I need to see another one to actually get more than just answers to questions with no actual back-and-forth between the girls and the artist.

Dude, they're like fucking 6.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:07 am 

FasterDisaster wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:
So yeah, not terrible, but maybe I need to see another one to actually get more than just answers to questions with no actual back-and-forth between the girls and the artist.

Dude, they're like fucking 6.

Exactly why I think this isn't that great. First off, I didn't know they were 6. Thought they were maybe 10. They're fed questions to give to the artist, and then they just sit there uncomfortably while the artist is going off on something. Quite compelling. :/
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:12 am 

I have to agree with Ozzy. Age be damned, this concept wasn't nearly as interesting as it first sounded on paper. Whether that's due to the kids involved, the questions they asked or the musicians eagerness to be involved, I don't know, but it did sound intriguing until I watched and realised it was pretty underwhelmingly executed.

Gorblethorp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:49 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
I didn't know they were 6. Thought they were maybe 10. They're fed questions to give to the artist, and then they just sit there uncomfortably while the artist is going off on something. Quite compelling. :/

BloodSacrificeShaman wrote:
Age be damned, this concept wasn't nearly as interesting as it first sounded on paper. Whether that's due to the kids involved, the questions they asked or the musicians eagerness to be involved, I don't know, but it did sound intriguing until I watched and realised it was pretty underwhelmingly executed.

Lol, I think you guys are missing the point. The fact that these girls have no clue about metal or probably any kind of non-Disney channel music is what's supposed to be FUNNY. This isn't a fucking Rolling Stone face-to-face, it's a lighthearted video where adorable kids ask bizarre-looking extreme musicians questions about elementary school and silly kid shit.

Seriously dawgs, get some fresh air or something haha

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:31 pm 

Gorblethorp wrote:
Lol, I think you guys are missing the point. The fact that these girls have no clue about metal or probably any kind of non-Disney channel music is what's supposed to be FUNNY. This isn't a fucking Rolling Stone face-to-face, it's a lighthearted video where adorable kids ask bizarre-looking extreme musicians questions about elementary school and silly kid shit.

But it wasn't funny. It had almost zero humor to it. They just asked them questions without having any knowledge (rightfully so, they're kids) and then sit there uncomfortably as the musician talks. I get the reaction talking to someone who doesn't speak english as we both are trying to look at other people to help us bail out of the interaction. This shtick started and ended with the first video unless they had like Corpsegrinder or someone completely freaking them out with his rambling. Speaking of which, that's a funny interview. Just watching that behemoth of a manchild rant about WoW was great.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:28 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
I shouldn't expect timeless interviews like the drunk Fenriz "rock and roll gas station" one or the hipster failing at interviewing Killswitch Engage..

Could you post links to these? I've never seen or heard of either.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:45 pm 

true_death wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:
I shouldn't expect timeless interviews like the drunk Fenriz "rock and roll gas station" one or the hipster failing at interviewing Killswitch Engage..

Could you post links to these? I've never seen or heard of either.

Fenriz - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh2-MeMuDuI
KSE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxeKJBhSlU4

Classics

Gorblethorp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:59 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
Gorblethorp wrote:

But it wasn't funny. It had almost zero humor to it..

I dunno man, judging by the videos' comments, I think it's a safer bet that your idea of humor might not concord with the greater population's. Which makes sense, I guess, you do have 10,000 posts on a metal forum, so maybe fitting into society isn't really your thing. It's the little differences like these that make the world go round!

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:02 am 

So basically Ozzy says he doesn't like this series of videos and explains in detail why, and Gorblethorp consistently retorts with one comeback: "GO OUTSIDE YOU NERD!"
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Gorblethorp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:31 am 

BastardHead wrote:
So basically Ozzy says he doesn't like this series of videos and explains in detail why, and Gorblethorp consistently retorts with one comeback: "GO OUTSIDE YOU NERD!"

Lol getting annoyed at something like this is just kind of sad really. Plus all the dude's purported "detail" was more or less loosely connected rambling in the guise of indisputable absolutes (i.e. "this is NOT funny" "unrelated anecdote further evidencing an inability to read social cues which might explain my superfluous activity and unprovoked irritation on a fringe music community" "the shtick ENDED here yadda yadda") lmao. Spending less time trying to rain on people's parades might yield less self-inflicted butthurt, just saying

Or I guess you can all get upset and derail the thread further by posting about why a series of on-topic videos multiple forum members took the time to share for others' enjoyment (successfully, judging by previous posts) -- while keeping in mind you voluntarily clicked this thread and the youtube links herein -- makes you unhappy.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:40 pm 

I thought I'd take some time off from playing with my OzzyApu voodoo doll to make another major necrobump (boo, hiss)...

Sabaton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC4YyJlUb_k Hannes Van Dahl joins the sweethearts club :)

advance warning: this interview features a 6 year old girl sharing no "chemistry" with a grown up man, thus thankfully avoiding police involvement... for everyone else, there's mastercard!

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next