Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dead_Joe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:44 pm 

"Salt Lake City's own Subrosa were robbed in Sacramento, CA on Monday night, November 4, 2013 before the planned second night of their tour with Samothrace. In addition to their vandalized tour van, they had 2 violins, several electric guitars, a bass guitar, and a gear bag containing the band's tour money and personal belongings ALL stolen in the process. Although we can never replace the emotional & sentimental worth attached to these instruments, WE CAN help raise money for suitable replacements in an attempt to ultimately raise their downtrodden spirits, so these inspiring women and men can continue forward with their most heart-driven passion of all: sharing their music with those that appreciate their amazing ability to create beautiful, thought-provoking music."

http://www.youcaring.com/other/raise-money-for-subrosa-after-being-robbed-on-tour-in-ca/103094

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:14 pm 

That really blows. Stuff like this is known to even break up bands, I remember Cursed split after being robbed in a European squat.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:28 pm 

That's always a shame, it happened to Ulcerate during their North American tour, way worse for a band out on tour far from their home. Donate to help SubRosa, guys, great band.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Motorpriest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:13 pm 

Horrible news. I hope they can raise the money to replace what was taken. What kind of scumbag does this, honestly?

If helping a fantastic band isn't enough, they are being really cool and offering merch if you donate a certain amount.

Quote:
Donations under $30 are greatly appreciated. HOWEVER, Subrosa doesn't want to accept donations over $30, without giving a piece of merchandise in return for everyone's generosity in this trying, disheartening time. For any donations ranging from $30-$100, will receive a limited edition tour poster while supplies last. Any donations ranging $100 and over, will receive a limited poster while supplies last, limited rare Strega patch while supplies last, and the newly printed "More Constant Than the Gods" hoodie (please specify gender and size).

I'll make a small donation regardless but I think that this is an awesome way for the band to show their thanks.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:26 pm 

Brutal. Touring as a small to medium sized band can be financially difficult, this would be a huge setback. Best of luck to them.

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:45 pm 

this is a band i'd actually be willing to donate to, that and they aren't 'begging' for money especially when they are giving some merch for higher donations.

best of luck to them.

Wedge_Antilles
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:32 am 

Sad to see this happen in my hometown. Best of luck to them.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:20 am 

http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories/st ... 7985.shtml

Nice! They got like 3500 bucks in a short amount of time.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:29 pm 

Is it just me or is this sort of crap happening a lot more frequently as of late? Seems like every two weeks at most I hear news of bands having their stuff stolen, and it's happening all over the place. As a musician myself, I can't say I'm too pleased with this tendency.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:02 pm 

People that rob bands in general deserve to be forced to stick their head up an elephant's butt. An elephant with horrible diarrhea.

It's great to see the Salt Lake City news station pick up on the story. Maybe they'll get even more donations from people that live in the area that have never heard of the band.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:20 pm 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
Is it just me or is this sort of crap happening a lot more frequently as of late? Seems like every two weeks at most I hear news of bands having their stuff stolen, and it's happening all over the place. As a musician myself, I can't say I'm too pleased with this tendency.

Times are tough so it's not surprising that people are willing to do something so shitty to make a buck or two.

Reply to topic