Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:40 pm 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
NecropsY wrote:
- BELPHEGOR BELPHEGOR BELPHEGOR - want this really bad

Aurora Borealis -
And fuck Severe Torture - want this more then life itself :)

this x10
Still no updates about that, either :grumble:

Same here. Their modern stuff is even better than modern Behemoth IMO.

Sonofabitch Thirdgeneration
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:43 am 

I dare not to agree, never been a Belphegor fan.

It has come to my attention that the new Behemoth album is leaking but I refuse to check out any songs until the cd itself is out.

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:38 am 

Warfather, Temple, Neocaesar, Entrapment, Sinister...

BarryLamarBonds
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:02 am 

Behemoth
Vader
Belphegor

Those are the only three I'm really aware of. And I'm only aware of the Belphegor release because I saw it mentioned on this last page.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:37 pm 

There will be a new Cannibal Corpse album next year with Mark Lewis as the producer this time. Oh, you're goddamn right I'm looking forward to it. Interview with Alex Webster here: http://www.bravewords.com/news/214767

I was highly pleased with The Carnage Ending from Sinister. They'll be hitting the studio early next year to record The Post-Apocalyptic Servant. Same lineup, studio, and producer. A little stability for them at this point in their career, even considering Aad's the only original member, could go a long way for them. Bas seems to have taken on the role of primary songwriter since he joined, so a lot of credit for revitalizing the band goes to him.

That Belphegor album is scheduled for release sometime in May, by the way.

Armored Saint's been demoing songs on and off for most of this past year and said they intend to have a new album out hopefully before the end of '14. I enjoyed La Raza for what it was, but it's certainly their most scattershot album in regards to quality, style, and overall feeling of an Armored Saint album. I don't know what to expect, but a little bit of Fates Warning influence from Joey Vera could make for interesting results.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Wombface
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:39 pm 

I'm hoping there will be something new coming from the Powermad camp next year. It's been long overdue since they released "Souls Descending".

TheAntagonist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:23 pm 

Looking like it's going to be a decent year for metal. Looking forward to these so far...

Axel Rudi Pell
Skullfist
Aenaon
Arcturus
Woods of Desolation

Was really impressed with WoD's last effort. Should be hard to top.

Windir - Resurrection of the Wild

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:26 pm 

Heidevolk posted on FB that they had found a new singer (the one who did bass vocals quit earlier this year) and were planning an album for mid-2014. Every album since Walhalla Wacht has impressed me more than the one preceding it, so I will be absolutely amazed if they can continue the trend for four albums running. Given the progression and new approach they had on Batavi, I'm pretty hopeful.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:22 pm 

Ulver and Sunn O))) just posted a 3.5 minute excerpt of one of their collaborations here.

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:01 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
Ulver and Sunn O))) just posted a 3.5 minute excerpt of one of their collaborations here.

I dont like it, but I am not fan of Sunn O))) so this is quite expected. Where are those Perdition city times... In few weeks Ulver are playing near my place and I wonder what the playlist would be, I hope for not too much of newer albums.

Exigence

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:59 pm 

Let's not forget IRON SAVIOR and also TAROT will be entering the studio in the winter.

XSpidercideX
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:34 am 

Lord Mantis.

Also intrested in most of the big names mentioned as well as Corpsessed and Desecresy.

Blood_Red87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:46 am 

I'll throw another in the "Woods of Desolation" toll. Been listening to the new track "This Autumn Light" often and I'm loving the more "raw" sound. Hopefully the rest of the album is in the same vein. Also, I think Jeff Whitehead is working on Leviathan's next album for release next year, can't ignore that.

I'll probably check out Wintersun's "Time II" as well, in addition to new one's from Arcturus, Behemoth, Belphegor, Bloodbath and Vader.

Last edited by Blood_Red87 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Exigence

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:33 am 

90% of this thread's replies have been extreme bands I have never heard of. Can we please get a list of major metal artists that are planning 2014 releases. How was I the only one to mention Judas Priest? How in the everloving fuck? Please god no more progressive death and black metal. Can we please just put a cap on it for one year.

Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:38 am 

thats exactly what I've been thinking ever since I first got here

wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:42 am 

Exigence wrote:
90% of this thread's replies have been extreme bands I have never heard of. Can we please get a list of major metal artists that are planning 2014 releases. How was I the only one to mention Judas Priest? How in the everloving fuck? Please god no more progressive death and black metal. Can we please just put a cap on it for one year.

From what I've seen there aren't that many releases scheduled for next year (so far), and loads of what I'd consider 'major metal artists' (Mastodon, Amon Amarth, Megadeth, Black Sabbath...) put out albums in the last couple of years so I guess there's not much in the works or they would have got a mention. To be honest, this isn't the best place to come for release dates anyway. I usually use Metal Storm for their useful list of release dates. While there is one here, it doesn't stretch too far into the future.

...But you could always check out some of these bands and you mind find something you really enjoy!

Anyway, back to the extreme matter at hand, I'm hoping for another Abyssal release on the 1st of January as the other 2 albums were released on that date in the last 2 years. I'll be keeping an eye out!

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:31 pm 

another point is that people don't really look forward to new releases from major acts like metallica or megadeth anymore, even if one is announced to be released soon

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:35 pm 

Portrait recorded their next album over the last couple of months and is due for a spring release. To draw the nearest parallel, while I adore In Solitude's Sister and won't take anything away from the adulation they've received for making such bold yet natural choices in their progression because it's rightfully deserved, I'm fine with Portrait continuing their path as it's been instead of mimicking another because they'd feel obligated to. They've nailed the Mercyful Fate worship better than most of their brethren anyway, so I'll openly welcome more of it.

Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:25 pm 

joppek wrote:
another point is that people don't really look forward to new releases from major acts like metallica or megadeth anymore, even if one is announced to be released soon

and why the hell not? because I do

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:33 pm 

Sonofabitch Thirdgeneration wrote:
joppek wrote:

and why the hell not? because I do

You don't have to demand much from your imagination to realize why that is true. And why are people bitching about "90% of upcoming albums in this thread are extreme metal"?

_Vendetta_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:52 pm 

Skull Fist!!

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:14 pm 

Exigence wrote:

You are complaining because people are mentioning bands you've never heard of before? Perhaps some other forums like the Opeth forum may be a good place for you to start?

Maybe you need to do a little listening. I think it's a little tiring that half the posts made on this forum are of Metallica, Megadeth and other washed up bands.

Also, as much as I love Judas Priest, no K.K. Downing means a lot of people may not be looking forward to it.

Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:10 pm 

androdion wrote:
You don't have to demand much from your imagination to realize why that is true. And why are people bitching about "90% of upcoming albums in this thread are extreme metal"?

Sure I get the "metallica and megadeth sux after the 80's!!1" bullshit attitude but I for one am totally looking forward to bands like Metallica and Slayer putting out new records soon and even a new Megadeth record, while knowing that the last 2 have kinda sucked, interests me more than some obscure shit band that no one gives a fuck about.

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:15 pm 

androdion wrote:

Sure I get the "metallica and megadeth sux after the 80's!!1" bullshit attitude but I for one am totally looking forward to bands like Metallica and Slayer putting out new records soon and even a new Megadeth record, while knowing that the last 2 have kinda sucked, interests me more than some obscure shit band that no one gives a fuck about.

There was a time when bands like Metallica and Slayer were obscure and people like you didn't give a fuck about them. Popularity does not equal music proficiency or quality. Perhaps we should turn this into a Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga thread?

Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:23 pm 

Thats not what I'm saying at all, I do like quite a few obscure bands as well, namely Necrophagia who are working on a new album as we speak. I know so many obscure bands already that I hardly bother to check out any new ones unless they have something really good and special going on for them and I absolutely refuse to listen to any black metal bands so thats why I dont get much out of this thread

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:31 pm 

I know so many obscure bands already that I hardly bother to check out any new ones unless they have something really good and special going on for them

so why don't you require the same level of quality from popular bands?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:34 pm 

Necrophagia is obscure?! :durr:

Please stop, you're making me piss my pants... please please, just stop! Seriously dude, I get that you like Slayer and Megadeth and are highly anticipating their next efforts, I really do. With that being said your bullshit attitude of "everything that's obscure must be shit" is as plain stupid as the "Metallica sucks after the 80s" that you're accusing others of displaying. Which then again I didn't see anyone doing. Did you? All I've seen in this thread is people anticipating new albums from XYZ band. Suddenly though there are people complaining that no one is anticipating the new album by "big band XYZ", as if we were all to bow down to their mighty names in awe. Can you understand that some people listen to more than the "big four", and that even people who listen to those band like... you know, other bands?

I'm with OG here, you guys need to stop acting almighty and savant and start appreciating new music from different sources. Or just shut up with the bickering. Either one will do really, I couldn't give a fuck which one you choose.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:39 pm 

Son of a bitch, don't post again in this thread please, you're making poor Androdion sad. Consider this an official warning for pure stupidity.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:49 pm 

wrathchild_88 wrote:
Anyway, back to the extreme matter at hand, I'm hoping for another Abyssal release on the 1st of January as the other 2 albums were released on that date in the last 2 years. I'll be keeping an eye out!

YES. I mentioned this a few pages back, and I'm glad someone else picked up on this too. Really hope I'm not working myself up for nothing haha. I certainly know the first page I'll be visiting come new years day!

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:53 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Son of a bitch, don't post again in this thread please, you're making poor Androdion sad. Consider this an official warning for pure stupidity.

but that was so funny :lol:

Whoa, I definitely missed the memo about Cannibal Corpse hitting the studio. I think Torture was one of their best albums ever, so I'm stoked to check out the next one. A bit surprised they won't be working with Erik Rutan, since I really think they perfected the production with Torture, but I get that they want to try new things out and I'm sure they know what they're doing.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:19 pm 

^ According to a Tweet (Would that be capitali- meh, who honestly cares,) Alex responded to, he said the new album would be collaborative in a similar way that Torture is with Pat, Rob, and himself all contributing fairly equally to the songwriting. As of right now, Pat's actually written the most so far which is certainly intriguing.

I didn't see it in the doom rec thread, so here's a new song from Serpent Venom titled Sorrow's Bastard from their new album Of Things Seen and Unseen. http://www.thesleepingshaman.com/news/s ... early-2014

I can't recall if they've been mentioned already, but Abysmal Dawn's been recording throughout the last few months for a new release sometime next year. I'm not terribly familiar with them but figured someone here might appreciate their progress.

Not metal related, but the prospect of a new Tears for Fears album next year has made me slightly moist. :: Charlie Brown squiggly-smile face ::

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:41 pm 

Exigence wrote:
:boo:

Maybe you could try Billboard or Rolling Stone... :-P

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:12 pm 

Hah, as if it's inconceivable to be looking more forward to a death metal or black metal album over modern Judas Priest or, for the love of god, Megadeth :ugh:

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:56 pm 

I'd rather hear some great power metal instead of death or black, but are we still taking Exigence's mental diarrhea as anything to be taken seriously? He's proven himself time and time again to be one of the worst posters on this board. I mean the guy bitches about extreme metal for no reason constantly, then the next few replies mention Portrait and Skull Fist without even acknowledging him at all - laughable.

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:24 am 

Fall of the Idols are busy recording 2 hours worth of material for their final studio album which is expected to be released next year. Holy shit! Solemn Verses was a masterpiece. I can already sense the gloomy monstrosity of the upcoming one.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:09 am 

narsilianshard wrote:

Thanks!
http://www.earsplitcompound.com/site/2013/12/10/sunn-o-first-audio-sample-unveiled/

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:42 am 

Vallenfyre (death metal band with Paradise Lost's Greg Mackintosh) is planning to release a new album in April 2014 if I'm not mistaken

also looking forward to the new Lay Down Rotten album 'Deathspell Catharsis' (january 2014 release)

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:05 pm 

Definitely the new Cavalera Conspiracy album, Grindcore is quite a cool genre, I really wonder how Max is gonna put it together...

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:59 pm 

LeMiserable wrote:
Definitely the new Cavalera Conspiracy album, Grindcore is quite a cool genre, I really wonder how Max is gonna put it together...

o_O

I really need to take a break from this thread...

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:03 pm 

androdion wrote:
LeMiserable wrote:

o_O

I really need to take a break from this thread...

:-D Chances are he'll fuck it up bad, but still, I wonder how he's gonna do it, it's ambitious atleast...

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next