Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
6Xul66
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:45 am 

Quote:
TRIPTYKON — the occult/avant-garde metal project formed by former HELLHAMMER/CELTIC FROST singer, guitarist, and main songwriter Tom Gabriel Fischer (a.k.a. Tom Gabriel Warrior) — will release its second album, "Melana Chasmata", on April 15, 2014 (one day earlier internationally). The CD will be made available through a collaboration between the group's own label, Prowling Death Records Ltd., and renowned metal giant Century Media Records. This is the same label partnership already responsible for CELTIC FROST's final album, "Monotheist" (2006), HELLHAMMER's "Demon Entrails" demo compendium (2008), and TRIPTYKON's debut album, "Eparistera Daimones", and "Shatter" EP (2010).

"Melana Chasmata" is evolving to be a vastly varied and strikingly dark and heavy album. The album's title may be translated, approximately, as "black, deep depressions/valleys."

Songwriting, arrangement, and recording sessions for "Melana Chasmata" have occurred, intermittently, since 2011. Among the music available for inclusion on the album are songs such as "Boleskine House", "Stasis", "Gate To My Own Death", "Demon Pact", "Gehinnam", "Tree Of Suffocated Souls", "Unchristian Anthem", and many more. A final track listing for "Melana Chasmata" will be issued in due course, along with further details on both album and artwork.

Much like "Eparistera Daimones", "Melana Chasmata" is being produced by Warrior and TRIPTYKON guitarist V. Santura, and recorded and engineered by V. Santura at his own Woodshed Studio in Bavaria, Germany, as well as at TRIPTYKON's bunker in Zurich, Switzerland.

Says Warrior: "We have been working on 'Melana Chasmata' for some three years, in various shapes and forms. It's not an easy album by any means, and to me personally it reflects an extremely complex gestation period, musically, spiritually, and, due to certain circumstances in my life, emotionally. At the same time, the album unquestionably reflects the continuity I was longing for so much during CELTIC FROST's period of self-destruction and demise. Hearing TRIPTYKON creating such utter darkness again and exploring the potential of these new songs has been incredibly invigorating and inspiring."

If it's anything like Eparistera Daimones I'll be pretty happy with the disc. Anyone else looking forward to some new Triptykon?

shwartzheim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:32 am 

Yes, very much. Typically dramatic Tom press release. I'll buy for sure. Eparistera is an amazing album.

rexxz wrote:
it refers to a guitar tuning where you take the E standard scale and "drop" you low E string to a D, enabling you to play power chords with a single finger. It is for noobs and children.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:55 am 

Tom always had a talent for cringe-worthy song titles, and I see he continues with that tradition.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

SleightOfVickonomy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:59 am 

Oh come on droney! The title is excellent and I like the balance between doom/gothic, black and death that Tom struck on the first Triptykon. Greatly anticipating this one.

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:22 am 

Wow, this made my day. I'm sure it'll be as much intense as the first two.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 am 

I've been waiting for news of a new Triptykon album for a long ass time! THANK YOU MR. WARRIOR! :D
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

Corpus_Chain
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:49 am 

This should be one of the best albums of 2014.

FJ Receptor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:37 pm 

Definitely, Thomas is one of the people in metal who can refer to himself as an artist and not receive a smirk as a reply. His guitar tone alone is worthy of being preserved by the Smithsonian.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:17 pm 

I cannot fucking wait for this. Eparistera was brilliant, so here's hoping the next will be equally great

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:22 pm 

If this is half the album that Eparistera Daimones was, then I'll be satisfied.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:15 pm 

Earlier this month, I was reading Tom's blog. Very intriguing stuff. Now this news and I'm excited. Also, plan on revisiting Eparistera since it's been a while since I listened to that. I agree with drone though, the song titles seem a bit tedious.

controlledbleeding
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:14 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Tom always had a talent for cringe-worthy song titles, and I see he continues with that tradition.

c'mon... whats wrong with Unchristian Anthem? :P

BURlAL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:18 pm 

droneriot wrote:

I never thought his titles were cringe worthy....but I did cringe at these.

Cant wait it will be great. No one can express darkness quite like TGW.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:14 am 

SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
The title is excellent and I like the balance between doom/gothic, black and death that Tom struck on the first Triptykon.

You mean on the last Celtic Frost.

I'm excited. Have most things Tom has ever been involved with and love his work despite how amusingly pretentious and self-absorbed he can be. Love his earlier quote about the recording process.

"The album will be extremely colourful. And all of these colours will be dark."
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

Gypaetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:19 am 

I'm very much looking forward to this, but at the same time I'm a bit cautious. The over-dramatic pretentious hype doesn't fill me with confidence, I'm afraid.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:02 am 

Like all of you I cant wait to buy this album. I am 100% sure that it will be another amazing masterpiece of super heavy and dark riffs.

Anyway ,It would be perfect for me if the new album sounds a litte more like Monotheist, because I fucking love the variety of that cd, how it evolved from heavy straightforward songs to tremendously dark and atmospheric ones.

And I fucking love the female vocals, they are so eerie and beauty at the same time, not cheesy at all , and they fit perfectly well with Tryptikon´s music.

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:47 am 

Ah man hes such a deep artist with a tortured soul man...

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:32 pm 

He's lucky his output is as good as it is or he'd be laughed off the planet for being so pretentious and OTT. Looking forward to this though, for sure

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:43 pm 

Eparistera was utterly killer, so this should be at least good. I like how passionate he expresses about his work, that's a really good sign of a man that have changed metal by his own and keeps teaching how to break new ground. His guitar tone is crushing as fuck, I wonder if he will top the Eparistera's production this time.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:28 pm 

Yeah, bring this on. Looking forward to hearing it all.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:25 pm 

Somehow I still haven't gotten around to their first one. Just might have to go with this one.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:16 pm 

caspian wrote:
He's lucky his output is as good as it is or he'd be laughed off the planet for being so pretentious and OTT. Looking forward to this though, for sure

I know what you're saying, but I doubt luck has much to do with it. Dude seems to put a lot of time and effort into each recording, rather than just throwing any old thing on tape. Unless we're talking Hellhammer, of course.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

Cynical_Misanthropy
Sect of Sorrow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:31 pm 

Finally, fuck...

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:39 pm 

I really am deeply disturbed by any sort of Hellhammer bashing on a metal forum. Do you people even realize what it is exactly that you're doing when you say things like that? For shame.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:44 pm 

I never saw his attitude as pretentious, he just takes music very seriously, I've never seen him look down on other bands or artists or anything.

Anyways, time to go bonkers over updates on this.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:16 am 

Unchristian Anthem is admittedly a cringe worthy title (seriously, Tom? I guess you're not known for subtlety, but still), but the rest seem fine. In any case, this should almost certainly be an awesome album.

Pfuntner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:43 am 

ENKC wrote:

That is the greatest. I love this dude.

I'm pretty confident in this record kicking a lot of ass, but the one question I do have is whether or not they'll try and top that one riff from The Prolonging in sheer density/heaviness. Here's hoping they do.

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:50 am 

CF_Mono wrote:
I never saw his attitude as pretentious, he just takes music very seriously, I've never seen him look down on other bands or artists or anything.

looking down on others would be arrogant, not pretentious

mark of the devil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:11 am 

I dont know what is wrong with me. I found the debut to have a good sound and a few catchy riffs but the rest was entirely forgetable. The same with Monotheist and really any CF album since Pandemonium.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:22 am 

Pfuntner wrote:
I'm pretty confident in this record kicking a lot of ass, but the one question I do have is whether or not they'll try and top that one riff from The Prolonging in sheer density/heaviness. Here's hoping they do.

Oh that ending one, or the one around 5 minutes? If it's the ending, I hope so. That riff was crushing. Dun-dun-dun-dun-duh-duh DUUUDGGE. Like descending on a planet and feeling the gravity increase and increase until you're flattened.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Last edited by OzzyApu on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:23 am 

mark of the devil wrote:
I dont know what is wrong with me. I found the debut to have a good sound and a few catchy riffs but the rest was entirely forgetable. The same with Monotheist and really any CF album since Pandemonium.

Well, if you ask me, it seems like you don't really like most of Warrior's output.

This is just a wild guess, though.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:12 am 

Honestly my opinion on the debut went from "yessssssss a band that just does the Monotheist thing forever and ever" to "zzzzzzzzzzzzz." Sort of like my opinion on Monotheist itself, but to a greater extent. The production is of course phenomenal, and that guitar tone is to fucking die for, and there's some pretty amazing atmosphere, but where the fuck are the RIFFS? For some reason I'm still holding onto hope that this will be a more focused record than Tom's last two, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Metallic Shock
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:44 am 

Really excited for this one. I'm not too crazy about Warrior's work pre Monotheist but his last two albums are some of the most unique and high quality gothic/doom style albums I've heard. I also love the deep vocal style he's started using. :drool:, so I look forward to hearing more of that.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:55 am 

Pfuntner wrote:
ENKC wrote:

That is the greatest. I love this dude.

This. The comment is awesome and its a good indication of an expectable varied album, something I really want.

If he is capable of creating even heavier/more dense riffs I think that the earth is going to explode. :D

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:32 am 

THEMICRULAH wrote:
I really am deeply disturbed by any sort of Hellhammer bashing on a metal forum. Do you people even realize what it is exactly that you're doing when you say things like that? For shame.

There's been a grand total of one reference to Hellhammer in this thread, that being my own. I love HH, but it was material thrown together by teenagers in a garage. It's a long way removed from the years Tom takes to put a recording together these days despite only a handful of live shows.

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:52 pm 

And what have you done that is better than as you put it "material thrown together by teenagers in a garage"? Also, if you knew anything about Hellhammer's history, you'd know that those songs were all written in an abandoned bunker.

:getout:

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:00 pm 

Hellhammer is very important on a purely historical level, sure, but their music actually kind of sucks, influential or not. I prefer what Tom started doing with Celtic Frost by a long shot.

BURlAL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:30 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Hellhammer is very important on a purely historical level, sure, but their music actually kind of sucks, influential or not. I prefer what Tom started doing with Celtic Frost by a long shot.

I can agree that their music was crap overall, but they did have a few really good songs.......songs I would love to see Triptykon re-record.

_MFMGW_
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:09 pm 

What wonderful, wonderful news.

TheDefiniteArticle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:46 pm 

Hellhammer's music doesn't suck. The kind of people who say that will probably be the same people who don't allow Scream Bloody Gore its rightful throne as Death's best album (by a long distance).

OT: I'm really excited by this. I rarely spin Monotheist or Eparistera Daimones now but an album I get 40-50 loving listens out of is doing very well anyway.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next