Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:41 am 

DecayingYears95 wrote:
Terri23 wrote:
Setlist most certainly is a wiki. I don't see why you don't get it. I mean, 33 years of playing shows, and they play 3 less shows a year on average. Do you think they should play exactly the same amount of shows or something? Do you think that when every band goes on tour, they play the exact same circuit and bars, theaters, auditoriums and stadiums, year after year, as every other band?

I'm not saying they should never stop touring or that they should have to play as much as other bands, I'm saying I find it a little harder to believe they sold more if they haven't toured as much.

.....Really? As Terri said, it's fuck all difference in that long term a context, and .. yeah I dunno that comment is just stupid (like we're talking 100 less shows for bands that have played thousands). No way have Metallica or Maiden played as many shows as Overkill but they're still outselling everyone else by a mile. Decaying, I think this thread would be better off if you stopped instantly replying to every comment. Let it breathe man.

And yeah Zodi, the view of manowar v overkill is hugely american centric. Manowar are massive in Europe. Massive! Shows with huge audiences consistently played- something very few bands (certainly Overkill) would have no real hope of matching.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

DecayingYears95
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:18 pm 

caspian wrote:
.....Really? As Terri said, it's fuck all difference in that long term a context, and .. yeah I dunno that comment is just stupid (like we're talking 100 less shows for bands that have played thousands). No way have Metallica or Maiden played as many shows as Overkill but they're still outselling everyone else by a mile. Decaying, I think this thread would be better off if you stopped instantly replying to every comment. Let it breathe man.

Where's the fun in that? Lmao

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:19 pm 

DecayingYears95 wrote:
caspian wrote:

Where's the fun in that? Lmao

Total posts: 48
Most active topic: Overkill Record Sales
[ 48 Posts / 100.00% of user’s posts ]

wat

DecayingYears95
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:23 pm 

WaywardSon wrote:

Total posts: 48
Most active topic: Overkill Record Sales
[ 48 Posts / 100.00% of user’s posts ]

wat

Yep, this is the only one I comment on. So? lol

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4