* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:45 pm 

http://www.metalinjection.net/upcoming- ... -new-album

Quote:
All demos and pre-recordings for the next Gorgoroth album Instinctus Bestialis have been completed, and Tomas Asklund has now started recording the drums for the album. The band has also made an endorsement deal with Jim Dunlop.

Quantos was fine, and by default this should be better than that re-recorded Under the Sign of Hell, so hopefully the music on this will be good. The production side I'm sure won't be since Tomas Asklund does not get black metal mixing at all, but Gorgoroth have failed to disappoint when it comes to original material.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:10 pm 

I have very low expectations for this, which breaks my heart to say, since I'm a big Gorgoroth fan. Pest leaving the band after that horrible, unutterable, UtSoH re-recording was pretty much the last straw for me. Maybe the new vocalist will be alright, but seriously, what the hell is going on with this band. The album's been in production hell for over two years. Tomas Asklund can suck my left nut; such a shit black metal drummer. I'll deinitely give it a listen and hope or the best, but I really doubt this is going to be much good.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:39 pm 

So long as Infernus is in control I wuoldn't worry about the inclusion of these other members. Gorgoroth hasn't exactly had the most consistent history either though...

AnimeDad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:45 pm 

Nothing to see here folks

altered_vlad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:16 am 

Quote:
All demos and pre-recordings for the next Gorgoroth album Instinctus Bestialis have been completed, and Tomas Asklund has now started defecating all over the album. The band has also made an endorsement deal with Jim Dunlop.

Corrected.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:07 am 

The Jim Dunlop endorsement really adds to the band's now non-existent mystique. :P

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:27 am 

I hate to be a negative dork, but I'm starting to lose hope. I discovered them after Quantos, so for a while I had many albums to go through, but for long-time fans, this must be torture....

The three first albums are 100% classics, Norwegian black metal crème de la crème. After that they enjoyed some mainstream success, being signed to Nuclear Blast, having Ghaal be a prominent figure etc. But now...? Even the live performances seem stale, with the notable exception of Hoest, who is a beast live

I will give it a chance, since Quantos was very good, despite the mechanical drum sound and the somewhat formulatic songwriting. So long as the riffs are good, I am good. :) Songs like Rebirth and Satan-Prometheus have excellent riffs that envoke a very good and dark atmosphere.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:26 am 

I continue failing to hear any problem with the production or the drum sound on 'Quantos...' and maintain my love for that album. Quite excited about the new one.

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:27 am 

A new Gorgoroth album? That really doesn't seem necessary.
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

p4vl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:40 pm 

Remaking Under the Sign of Hell without any noisy feedback or general ugliness was just fucking baffling. It was a shame to see Gaahl go, but Quantos was much, much better than the previous 2 albums.

Funny that the period of time when they were at their most (in) famous was a seriously low point for them musically.

red_blood_inside
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:53 pm 

I think that AMSG is one of Gorgoroth finest works, King proved to be a very competent songwriter, but an ass as well, at the same level than the 3 first albums. Incipit is ok, the one with the war boats on the cover is forgettable and Destroyer was terrible. Quantos is over rated, underproduced (yes, even for BM standards), it has no mistic, no strengh, the drums sound very bad and the songwriting shows thet Infernus is a lazy ass. I have no hope for this new album, but hey, Infernus wrote UtSoH, Pentagram and Antichrist, perhaps he remembers...
Not hearsay but the will of man

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:33 pm 

ANationalAcrobat wrote:
The Jim Dunlop endorsement really adds to the band's now non-existent mystique. :P

As does the 5150 endorsement. Satan's blackest disciples and gear?! :lol:

Reply to topic