Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:41 pm 

http://www.deathmetal.org/news/glorious ... l-funerus/

She's on the mend after having cardiac catheterization surgery on Friday to clear up two arteries, one of which was 100% blocked. I wasn't even aware of her health problems in the first place, but apparently she's been suffering from neuropathy and a failing kidney from type 1 diabetes and had to leave her job last year as a result. Aside from the bands listed in the link that have made pledges and the PayPal that's been set up through [email protected], Glorious Times is organizing a show in Buffalo sometime in October with some auctions and raffles planned to help pay for the medical bills. I certainly intend on helping out one way or another. Met the McEntee's when Incantation came through a couple months ago and were great to chat with, music-related or otherwise.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Psytopsy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:55 pm 

i live near Buffalo and will definitely go to this when it comes about. Great idea for a benefit and i'll help as well however I can.Glorious Times is class

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:26 am 

All my support to Jill, be strong woman! :)

"You make it easy."

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:35 pm 

Well that sucks! :(
And as above I too didn't know she was crook

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:43 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
I too didn't know she was crook

Either I'm reading this the wrong way or you made a typo, but it looks like you're calling her a crook here.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:47 pm 

Crook = ill, sick, infirm, unwell
Common term here in NZ and AUS too probably, even in the UK too I believe

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:00 pm 

I'll keep details updated as I can and surely encourage others interested to do so, but as of right now there's a show in Wisconsin on October 6th, Buffalo on the 17th, and in Cleveland TBD. Venue locations and bands playing haven't been revealed/determined yet. However, lots have stepped up to pledge to include Immolation, Cannibal Corpse, Autopsy, Master, Repulsion, Deceased, Misery Index, Dark Descent Records (whose username escapes me but posts here fairly regularly,) among a slew of others.

Mods, if I'm in the wrong and this should be in the Tours, Gigs and Festivals sub-forum, I sincerely apologize.

Last edited by ModusOperandi on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:04 pm 

ogmetal isn't it?

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:06 pm 

Rings a bell. Sounds correct to me.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:49 pm 

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 9375768962

John is auctioning off his collection of demos to help pay for this.

John McEntee wrote:
I would like to thank everybody for their support, it really helps us deal with Jill's medical issues. It's awesome to see the metal community coming together and helping us through this difficult time. It looks like there will be a bunch of benefit shows before the end of the year so please keep posted on that.

Also to help with the medical expenses I will be putting up some of my original old demos on eBids to help generate some more money to cover these costs. I apologize that we cant put the stuff on eBay but I have some restrictions on my account so we have to use this alternative platform for the auctions. I will be posting links to the auctions on my Facebook account so please keep posted and see what cool old-school classics I have available for you underground freaks.

Jill's recovery is going great and I'm extremely thankful that things turned out this way. Jill and I have a great relationship and I look forward to spending many more years with her.

Thanks again to everybody for their support, donations, putting on these benefit shows and just being a friend in this difficult time.

http://us.ebid.net/users/IbexMoonRecords

mayonesa
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:21 am 

Keeping her in our thoughts here. Get well soon!

Also think this benefit show is going to rock, looking at the names involved.

Reply to topic