Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:12 pm 

Finally Nerrath is on the verge of releasing his sixth album Konflikt through Northern Silence this time. The you tube (edited) clip sounds awesome and as you can tell I am very excited for this one. Always love his drumming style, quite different from the norm. Check out the clips below from the upcoming album which will be released in August :hyper:

http://www.northern-silence.de/files/horn-konflikt.htm

http://Www.facebook.com/HornOfficial

Edit - The beginning of the second clip gives me that early Burzum vibe.

Last edited by STORMM on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:31 pm 

should be pretty cool, hopefully he mixes it up a little, his last few have sounded pretty similar(though still real good).

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:41 pm 

g_k wrote:
should be pretty cool, hopefully he mixes it up a little, his last few have sounded pretty similar(though still real good).

If its not broke dont fix it ;) haha From what I can tell a few changes have already happened, there is a new logo indeed but the theme seems to be a lot more focused on war instead of nature, not sure which or what period but will be interesting to see how this reflects on the music. I find Horn to be very powerful when they play those 'saddened hymns' if you get me though the upbeat tracks are equally good.

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:59 pm 

Die Kraft der Szenarien, is my favorite, but i'm sure i'll enjoy it. war instead of nature, that's a pretty big change haha.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:05 pm 

g_k wrote:
Die Kraft der Szenarien, is my favorite, but i'm sure i'll enjoy it. war instead of nature, that's a pretty big change haha.

Yeah thats one of my favourites to, check the clips I linked, you should enjoy it no problem. Maybe war was the wrong word! We shall see soon enough...

phillychease
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:57 pm 

Paganflames is also putting out Horn's Naturkraft on vinyl too!

www.paganflames.com

Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:53 pm 

phillychease wrote:
Paganflames is also putting out Horn's Naturkraft on vinyl too!

http://www.paganflames.com

That actually has me more excited than a new album. Naturkraft was a masterpiece

Definitely looking forward to new material; nice to see there are fans of Horn here on MA, Horn are vastly underrated pagan bm

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:42 am 

Nyaricus wrote:
That actually has me more excited than a new album. Naturkraft was a masterpiece

Definitely looking forward to new material; nice to see there are fans of Horn here on MA, Horn are vastly underrated pagan bm

Agreed 100% Nyaricus, I highly rate Naturkraft myself and it is good to see pagan flames give it the vinyl treatment. Must say that I prefer the old cover though.

Braltika
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:14 am 

Oh man, I am really being spoiled this year. First Summoning releases their, imo, best album so far and now Horn with a new album.
I have to be honest though and admit that Distanz did not do as much for me as Naturkraft. Distanz was not as focused on nature like all his previous works, and it showed. The riffs did not carry as much melancholy and the mix was just a bit too...distanced (get it? could have been intentional though...).

But I still liked the album enough to be excited about this new one!

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:15 pm 

Braltika wrote:
Oh man, I am really being spoiled this year. First Summoning releases their, imo, best album so far and now Horn with a new album.
I have to be honest though and admit that Distanz did not do as much for me as Naturkraft. Distanz was not as focused on nature like all his previous works, and it showed. The riffs did not carry as much melancholy and the mix was just a bit too...distanced (get it? could have been intentional though...).

But I still liked the album enough to be excited about this new one!

Funny you say that because I feel the exact same about Distanz, a very good album just weaker than what came before though I must admit the clips seem to be a return to the previous albums, my hopes are high

Braltika
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:40 am 

Had my first listen to the new album today. Where Distanz felt a bit boring, lacking memorable, good riffs, this one checks all the boxes.
It's better, it's melancholic in some parts (and we all know Horn knows melancholy) and at the same time agressive, straightforward. The war / conflict atmosphere from Distanz is kept and further enhanced. I am not disappointed.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:42 am 

▲ Thats good to hear, looking very much forward to this arriving.

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:34 pm 

after the first listen i immediately liked it more than distanz. needs more plays though.

EpicSceptic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:31 pm 

Man that song is fucking awesome. Thanks for this thread, I hadn't heard of Horn before!

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:34 pm 

Not really too exited about this band anymore. He has released some good stuff, but everything sounds so similar.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:30 pm 

EpicSceptic wrote:
Man that song is fucking awesome. Thanks for this thread, I hadn't heard of Horn before!

Do yourself a favour and check out some of the earlier albums such as Naturkraft, awesome stuff!

dystopia4 wrote:
Not really too exited about this band anymore. He has released some good stuff, but everything sounds so similar.

I see where you are coming from dystopia4, but for me Horn have always been one of those artists I dont want to change if im honest, his work is quite unique with a distinctive sound. I have only just received the album so time to dig in...

Braltika
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:11 pm 

After a few more listens, amongst also a few spins on a car stereo, I have to be honest I don't really like the heavy, thick reverb on the vocals. He's used it before in previous albums, but this time it's a bit too much and too loud. More subtle would've been perfect. Also the few high pitched screams don't really work for me. But luckily the riffs are awesome, and the tremelo picking more abundant than before which I really like.

Reply to topic