Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:05 am 

Karl Willets doesn't have the rapid fire vocal technique they want so I don't think so. Also they are really dragging this new singer thing out aren't they?

Last.fm

Damriel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:21 am 

I had to listen Lost Paradise after the speculation of Nick Holmes being the new Bloodbath vocalist and... Well, he might. If that's the case I am interested in hearing what he can do.

And about being out of the scene probably meant death metal, not metal or music in general. Altho I myself did misinterpreted it the way most here did. Or did we... :)

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:12 pm 

The best reference/example to what Nick Holmes' vocal capabilities are these days -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UGtal-nkpw To my big surprise, he hasn't lost it yet! :) Who knows, maybe he wants to do some death metal again, but it just isn't possible or worth doing that in modern day Paradise Lost for some reason ? We'll see where this goes soon i guess. I can actually totally see Nick fronting Bloodbath, hehe...

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:34 pm 

Nick isn't really a stretch. He prob saw Mackintosh working on Vallenfyre and maybe got a bit of an itch again to do such things, Adrian Erlandsson also is swedish and a scene veteran...

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:21 pm 

Nick is totally capable of fronting Bloodbath. He has the good ol' fashioned growl which might fit just well with RTC styled songs. Hell, hw even might do a better work than Mikael with the NMF tracks live.

red_blood_inside
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:15 pm 

I lost a big part of this thread, but at some point I suggested Mathias Lodmalm, He is swedish, born circa 1971 and was part of the Swedish DM scene in the eraly 90s, in fact, the first cemetary albums are important icons in this very scene, and he´s been out of business for a while now
Not hearsay but the will of man

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:17 pm 

red_blood_inside wrote:
I lost a big part of this thread, but at some point I suggested Mathias Lodmalm, He is swedish, born circa 1971 and was part of the Swedish DM scene in the eraly 90s, in fact, the first cemetary albums are important icons in this very scene, and he´s been out of business for a while now

He hasn't done growls since Godless Beuaty (early 90's)...I serously doubt he'd start again.

red_blood_inside
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:26 pm 

He had great growls, just hoping he´s back in bussines
Not hearsay but the will of man

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:32 am 

I've bought (my first) two Paradise Lost albums in the past few months ("Gothic" & "Tragic Idol") as I kind of "missed the boat" on the band in high school for no particular reason - and now I am thinking it's a very strong possibility that it is Nick Holmes. For one, Metal Sucks made the connection about the telephone booth and the vocalist "calling from his abode" (Britain?). Then, when you re-read the original statement ("He is part of a legendary band" and "has done some killer work in the past") it kind of implies that it's someone who is currently active in the scene but no longer performs death metal. Also, if it's Nick, it makes sense that he would be a controversial choice for many at first glance (for obvious reasons), thus explaining why they've chosen to keep the vocalist's identity a secret until they have audio.

Plus, get a load of his beard these days :lol:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii_pRrLn8eY

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:55 am 

Really really really hope its Nick Holmes, would just be amazing.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:15 pm 

I think it would be logical if it's Nick Holmes (among others because of the hints; the beard, the phonebooth, legendary band etc..) but also because Paradise Lost don't seem to be up to something at this moment (album-wise)... Probably because Erlandsson is busy with recording with The Haunted AND At The gates and he's also preparing to go on tour with Vallenfyre (that dude has so much on his mind right now xD ), Mackintosh is also preparing for the coming tour with Vallenfyre, so that leaves a gap in the schedule for the rest of the bandmembers, so that could explain Holmes his involvement in Bloodbath (I guess they probably already did some recording sessions together with Holmes, looking at Paradise Lost's touring schedule, they haven't really been doing many live shows the last couple of months actually; November 2013 til March 2014). They should announce it already, it's taking way too long :D

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:22 pm 

So, they're playing MDF next year and are currently in the studio. Yet they still haven't announced the damn singer!

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:05 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
So, they're playing MDF next year and are currently in the studio. Yet they still haven't announced the damn singer!

They've said that the singer isn't going to be announced until the album is released, and the band hasn't even begun recording guitars yet from what I've seen...so that's a long ways away.

Rykov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:10 pm 

Shit, even I'm just about dying to know now and I don't even really care about Bloodbath.

mastamonkeynutz wrote:
Also if you want to make a joke please do so but please put lol after so I can know that Fred Durst isn't really dead.

A Backwards 6
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:46 pm 

They're good at keeping it a secret. Does the singer go to the studio in disguise? Do they meet on different places? :D

shwartzheim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:47 pm 

Dave Ingram is another possibility. Just became active late last year with Down Among The Dead Men or John Walker from Cancer who've only just started up again?

rexxz wrote:
it refers to a guitar tuning where you take the E standard scale and "drop" you low E string to a D, enabling you to play power chords with a single finger. It is for noobs and children.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:03 am 

Between wondering who Bloodbath's vocalist is and where Lebron was going to play, it's a marvel I've got anything productive done this year.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:23 pm 

A Backwards 6 wrote:
They're good at keeping it a secret. Does the singer go to the studio in disguise? Do they meet on different places? :D

Yea but in all reality, unless the album is recorded live, the singer will be the last to enter the studio and lay down the vocals. Whoever it is he can walk in and out like a thieve in night.

Will be interested. Depending on who the singer is, will definitely be the primary reason for me to check this out.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:55 am 

If the singer has equipment he can just record them at home. Tons of guys does it.

Corpsey the Clown
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:04 pm 

Delta_Wing wrote:
A Backwards 6 wrote:

Yea but in all reality, unless the album is recorded live, the singer will be the last to enter the studio and lay down the vocals. Whoever it is he can walk in and out like a thieve in night.

LOL. I can see it now...

3:14 AM, Somewhere in Stockholm...

A lit cigarette glows faintly in the dark as a lone figure scurries through the desolate streets. A dark hooded sweatshirt and hockey mask hide his identity; his chaotic route obscures his destination. He ducks in the doorway of a youth center to make sure the coast is clear, then crosses one more street and vanishes into the basement of a darkened studio.
It is pitch black until someone pulls a chain and a single light bulb flickers on, illuminating the somber and unmistakably metal faces of Martin Axenrot, Per Eriksson, Anders Nystrom, and Jonas Renkse.
"Seriously man. '21 Lucifers'?" Axenrot is saying to Eriksson.
"I told you, we were really drunk when we came up with it! Lay off!"
"Save it for later, guys. The guest of honor is here." Nystrom says.
Renkse glances sidelong at the fifth man, trying and failing to see past the hood. "Were you followed?"
"No way man," the anonymous figure answers. "Relax. No one knows that I'm the new vocalist of Bloodbath. And when they do find out, it'll be too late for them to do anything about it."
All five of them share an evil laugh that echoes throughout the studio.
"...I'm sad." Renkse says suddenly.
Nystrom and Eriksson share a confused glance and slowly edge away from him.
"All right guys, let's do it. I'm ready to record all over this B," the new vocalist pulls back his hood, to reveal the horrific, currently bearded face of...
FRED DURST.
Born 1970.
Nystrom sighs. "So I was a year off..."

puggy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:35 pm 

The news has been getting around so slowly - but they'll be announcing the new album officially within two weeks with cover art/track listing/the new vocalist. They'll also be playing Maryland Deathfest and Inferno Fest next year. This is pretty big news.

I don't think there's a realistic chance of the new vocalist being anyone but Jorgen Sandstrom, which is all good with me. His vocals would fit Bloodbath perfectly. I'd love to see him do Eaten or So You Die.

Production-wise, I sort of hope they make a return to the more vintage-sounding production of Resurrection Through Carnage.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:11 pm 

puggy wrote:
The news has been getting around so slowly - but they'll be announcing the new album officially within two weeks with cover art/track listing/the new vocalist. They'll also be playing Maryland Deathfest and Inferno Fest next year. This is pretty big news.

I don't think there's a realistic chance of the new vocalist being anyone but Jorgen Sandstrom, which is all good with me. His vocals would fit Bloodbath perfectly. I'd love to see him do Eaten or So You Die.

Production-wise, I sort of hope they make a return to the more vintage-sounding production of Resurrection Through Carnage.

But Jörgen has been involved with Torture Division and The Project Hate. How is this someone that has been inactive in the scene as the band hinted it's new volcalist would be :scratch:

Being in three active bands isn't being removed from the scene in my opinion, or was that part of the hint just disinformation. Only interested really if it's Matti Karki. :headbang:

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:59 pm 

He's also not British.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:10 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
He's also not British.

Didn't catch the British part.
So to recap:
British
Born 1971 - No Dave Ingram / Karl Willets / Lee Dorian then
Inactive

What other clues are we looking for?

Who was a good growler out of England born 1971 that's inactive? Can it really be Nick Holmes? His work on Paradise Lost's Gothic is great, but hmmm far from inactive.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:56 pm 

There's about 3 pages of speculation if you just read this thread.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:19 pm 

Hasn't Bloodbath been saying "Next year" for about 2 years now?

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:50 pm 

Delta_Wing wrote:
Who was a good growler out of England born 1971 that's inactive? Can it really be Nick Holmes? His work on Paradise Lost's Gothic is great, but hmmm far from inactive.

They never said he was inactive. They said he has done great death vocals "in the past". They've also said that their entire reason for holding back the vocalist's identity is because they don't want to hear bitching from people about a name they think won't fit...if it was Jorgen Sandstrom, why would they do that? Plus, as of now Nick Holmes has the exact same beard as the one shown in the picture that was posted several months ago.

I think Nick Holmes would be an amazing choice and a very interesting one at that, but personally I would have chosen Aaron Stainthorpe. His underuse of death growls post-"Songs of Darkness..." is just criminal :lol:.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:56 pm 

And now Jorgen Sandstrom has confirmed on the Metal Injection facebook page that he's not the new singer and is busy with Torture Division.

puggy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:38 am 

I don't think the phone booth pictured necessarily implied that the new vocalist will be British. I also can't seem to find a source for the new vocalist having been inactive for a while.

Since it seems it won't be Jorgen Sandstrom, I'd bet on Nick Holmes at this point. Paradise Lost are probably more connected to the guys in Bloodbath/Katatonia anyway, so it would make sense.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:35 am 

Arkhane wrote:
Hasn't Bloodbath been saying "Next year" for about 2 years now?

They've talked about stuff happening, but haven't to my knowledge said anything firm until recently. This is what they were saying 2 1/2 years ago:

Quote:
The Future of Bloodbath
Posted on April 14th, 2012 by Admin

With all the rumours that’s been wildfiring the last couple of days people have been questioning the current and future status of Bloodbath, so here’s the deal. Mikael Åkerfeldt has officially left Bloodbath. We know this might come as a surprise to some of you, but the rest of us in Bloodbath have been well aware for a long time already that Mike wanted out again. This was made to be made public sooner or later and if you’re curious to know more about why Mike is leaving and his vibes in general you can read his own words here. Mike, our best buddy and death metal vocal god has been a tremendous force in Bloodbath and we thank him for all the good and fun times on stage and in the studio we shared with this side-project since the formation in 1998.

Now, we’ve already been getting a lot of submissions from Bloodbath fans who are looking to replace Mike and we thank you for the interest and offering your talents, but hereby, we want to confirm that our decision to make another album with a new singer is already being prepared since a while. We we will let you know in due time who the new singer is and also details on our musical/lyrical concept that has also already ben set in stone. Expect the exciting things to happen in 2013.

I'm excited that an announcement about the new album and lineup is apparently imminent. My life is better if there's a prospect of new Bloodbath.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:37 am 

from their fb:

"All guitars and bass have just been completed for our 4th album. Will Lone Wolf Audio's 'Left Hand Wrath' pedal usurp the throne from the classic HM-2? Let's find out this fall! Juicy stuff like release date, cover artwork, track listing to be announced within two weeks...yes TWO weeks, so stay tuned. Wait! Did we miss something? Oh the new singer? He's recording with us this weekend... Cheers!"

:evil:

"You make it easy."

puggy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:14 am 

Woah.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:59 am 

I have the guy on fb and saw the Sweden reference. He's pretty good!

kiekan66
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:05 am 

Paul is also known to do a bit of trolling. Not saying its fake, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.
But we do exist in a million ways."

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:58 pm 

Bloodbath wrote:
All vocals done and in the bag! The mix starts this weekend... Almost there now!

getting closer....

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:53 pm 

Ok, noooooow I'm getting excited. I can't wait to see fo sho who the new vocalist is. :hyper:

JohnTheDrummer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:59 pm 

Well... the singer of Chimaira isn't doing anything now.... ;)

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:13 am 

JohnTheDrummer wrote:
Well... the singer of Chimaira isn't doing anything now.... ;)

oh god no

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:05 am 

A photo to fuel the speculation rather than resolve it:

Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:31 am 

This is getting ridiculous. If Bloodbath needs to generate this much hype over something like a band member I wonder just how much effort has been put into the actual songs... :annoyed:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next