Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:59 pm 

Didn't see a post about this yet.

Here's the song, sounds great and quite blackened (compared to their very death metal-oriented recent material), I'm certain Nergal's battles with cancer and the Polish church have given him some dark concepts to work with for this albums writing process. Can't wait to hear the rest of the material!

VampireofTheNazereth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:57 pm 

Can't really tell from no good footage. Will have to wait til we hear an actual album version.

Hope it sounds nothing like Evangelion. I didn't really like that one too much. I didn't have enough good songs like previous albums before it.

Bogdaniel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:47 pm 

As difficult as it is for me (since Behemoth is my favorite band), I will wait until I have the album in my hands before listening to anything from it. From the feedback I've seen so far, it's been mostly positive, so I'm really stoked.

Brutality_Junkie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:16 pm 

Sounds decent enough for live footage. Can't wait to hear the album version though, Behemoth is always consistently excellent.

VampireofTheNazereth wrote:
Hope it sounds nothing like Evangelion. I didn't really like that one too much. I didn't have enough good songs like previous albums before it.

'Evangelion' is easily my least favorite of Behemoth's recent material but it definitely had its moments. 'Alas, Lord Is Upon Me' for instance...

morfumax
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:00 pm 

Is it me or is there an Mgla influence?

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:22 pm 

It amazes me that no matter how hard they try and how good their compositions are, their music always leaves me feeling completely nonplussed.

Aurone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:30 pm 

Here's a better quality video.

While I do like it after a few listens....it isn't wowing me like previous material. Still, they give a moment for Orion play his bass alone, and any song that gives the bass some love gets points in my book.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:59 pm 

Nergal said new album was gonna be a mix of Burzum, Killing Joke and New Order.

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:13 am 

Folkemon_ wrote:

Killing Joke and (especially) New Order had a very danceable beat to their music. As long as we avoid any references to Nergal's pleasure zone, it should be something interesting at the very least.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:24 am 

morfumax wrote:

Not really. I didn't hear any such influence. Check out the video posted by Aurone, the sound is clearer there.

I haven't really followed Behemoth for a few years. This sounds like them alright, the music in the new track is more drawn out rather than a punchy black/death style I remember.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:31 am 

This new song sucks pretty hard.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:33 am 

That song felt much more like black metal than death metal. I enjoyed it. Still very eager to hear the rest of the record.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:52 am 

I quite like the new song even though the sound quality is to bad for a proper judgment. But then again I seem to be one of the few that only really likes Evangelion. Nothing else of Behemoth has stuck with me. So I hope its in the same vein.
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:13 am 

Stupid song title. They still haven't been able to top Zos Kia Cultus for me. Awaiting with baited breath.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:18 am 

CF_Mono wrote:
It amazes me that no matter how hard they try and how good their compositions are, their music always leaves me feeling completely nonplussed.

Their music makes you feel surprised or uncertain? That sounds like a good thing to me :)

I really dug Evangelion, as well as the Apostasy, but as a previous poster said, nothing really tops Zos Kia Cultus. Defintely keen to hear any and all new material...

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:41 am 

I saw this song at Brutal Assault and it was awesome. Was a pretty funny show; as soon as they burst into Conquer All I went nuts and crowd surfed and lost my friends for the next four hours. Anyway, haha, can't wait to hear therecorded version and the rest of the album.

Deathstalker1985
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:12 am 

I got some dissonant vibes towards the end of that song, I did hear that Nergal is a big fan of Deathspell Omega and its nice to see him incorporate that in some of his music

DaBuddha
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:45 am 

Behemoth going orthodox black/death metal? Sounds interesting to me. The song itself seems to have a much stronger black metal sound to it than their previous few albums, which is a good thing to my ears. I'll check out the album when its released. I haven't really liked much of their stuff since they turned blackened death metal.

Was Inferno on drums for this show or is he still injured?
We spread our wings and fly away

Just tell Nocturno Culto you were too busy getting stoned to burn down churches, he'll understand.
Darkthrone - My Anti-Drug

Aurone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:22 pm 

He's still mending from surgery. He's not expected to be back untill Fall. I believe Krimh, formely of Decapitated is filling in for drums just for the summer festivals.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:43 pm 

Even though I love Behemoth and will more than likely continue to buy each of their albums, it wouldn't surprise me if they went in a direction that manages to combine the dissonant DSO stuff and the aforementioned Mgla; their discography reads like the evolution of extreme metal itself, with everything offset by like a year or two. Whatever is popular at the time in metal-at-large will make it onto a Behemoth album soon enough. They went from Bathory to Dissection to Emperor over the course of the 90s, all the while incorporating elements of more brutal death metal a la Krisiun and Morbid Angel and Nile, til we got Zos Kia Cultus and Demigod. Hell even Evangelion was already moving in an orthodox black metal direction. God bless 'em, but they do trend hop.

IanThrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:20 pm 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
Even though I love Behemoth and will more than likely continue to buy each of their albums, it wouldn't surprise me if they went in a direction that manages to combine the dissonant DSO stuff and the aforementioned Mgla; their discography reads like the evolution of extreme metal itself, with everything offset by like a year or two. Whatever is popular at the time in metal-at-large will make it onto a Behemoth album soon enough. They went from Bathory to Dissection to Emperor over the course of the 90s, all the while incorporating elements of more brutal death metal a la Krisiun and Morbid Angel and Nile, til we got Zos Kia Cultus and Demigod. Hell even Evangelion was already moving in an orthodox black metal direction. God bless 'em, but they do trend hop.

And this is bad for a 22+ years band because...?

I'm glad about all Behemoth's sound shifts. Besides, it's not like they are Ulver (i love 'em), shifting from raw black metal, to folk and electronic music. Their sound changes feel smooth and well prepared. I like the new song.

Dude: If you tour, will you bring out other musicians? Use tapes? Clone yourselves?

Fenriz: I am up for cloning, but with less tinnitus and more chest hair, please.

Film reviews and rants for all ye' spanish speaking basterds

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:55 pm 

Looking forward to seeing this live here soon! :nods:

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:00 pm 

IanThrash wrote:
And this is bad for a 22+ years band because...?

It's not a bad thing, and as I said I'll always consider myself a fan and supporter of the band. Sometimes I just wonder if there's not a more adventurous Behemoth lurking underneath. Some of their choices of cover songs, and, say, Nergal's performing with Fields of the Nephilim, not to mention the quote above about Killing Joke and New Order, lead me to believe there's more to the band than what they've been expected to produce for Nuclear Blast or Century Media.

TheRealThing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:10 am 

For having hated every release since Satanica, this song actually has me kinda excited to see what the whole album sounds like. I can definitely hear some Killing Joke influence in the verse.

Crypt Infektor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:29 pm 

Gabriel's going to have blow his trumpet a lot louder to wake me up from this snorefest that is latter-day Behemoth.

Warlocks_amulet
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:06 pm 

I'm going to wait to hear it recorded before I leave a comment, but I'm hoping for good things from this album.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:32 am 

Folkemon_ wrote:

The proposed album title was 'The Bizarre Satanist Love Triangle' but Metal Blade made them shorten it.

That actually sounds like it could be something awesome but I can't imagine Behemoth doing it. Can't really judge from a shitty live recording but this song seemed like more of the same stuff, though I'm hoping the recent struggle with cancer has inspired Nergal to push forward with new creative ideas for the next album.

Foralltime
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:12 am 

Folkemon_ wrote:

I can't hear any Burzum influence here and I'm sure there won't be any on the new album. I don't really know the other two bands, so I can't tell if there is some influence of them.
Quote:

Nope, can't hear it either...
Also I don't see how this song is more black metal than death metal. Don't know why but this song reminds me of Pandemonic Incantations and that's a good thing. The song is quite nice after all.

Mortaeus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:31 pm 

No love for Demigod? That was the crowning achievement for Behemoth, in my opinion. This sounds boring to me. But I did quite like Evangelion, as well.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:40 pm 

Am I the only one that hear in that song a fair HATE influence? Solarflesh had a lot of dissonance going on with a greater black metal feeling and this song has similar vibe. Well, this wouldn't be the first time Behemoth draws some tricks from their countrymen.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:38 pm 

As long as we're playing Behemoth bingo, the first third of the new song reminds me of something Arioch/Mortuus would be involved with, either Funeral Mist's "White Stone" or Marduk's "To Redirect Perdition." The middle section is just a Behemoth blur, and the final third has that dissonant French vibe -- it sounds like ... something, I just can't put my finger on what, specifically.

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:48 pm 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
As long as we're playing Behemoth bingo, the first third of the new song reminds me of something Arioch/Mortuus would be involved with, either Funeral Mist's "White Stone" or Marduk's "To Redirect Perdition." The middle section is just a Behemoth blur, and the final third has that dissonant French vibe -- it sounds like ... something, I just can't put my finger on what, specifically.

I would agree with this. It has a Mortuus vibe to it. Even up to the part where the bass continues playing alone until all hell breaks loose.
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:08 am 

It sounds interesting, the first part is heavy and slow which I really like it. At least it seems that they have tried to incorporate more influences and different sounds. Lets wait and see how the full album sounds.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:49 pm 

This album's coming out when? Amazon has its release date as Oct. 22, and some articles from like a month ago say it's being delayed til 2014.

Anyway, the cover art will be a painting containing Nergal's blood. Did someone else do this recently or is this a repeat of old Behemoth news? I'm getting deja vu.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/behemo ... als-blood/

BarryLamarBonds
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:28 am 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
This album's coming out when? Amazon has its release date as Oct. 22, and some articles from like a month ago say it's being delayed til 2014.

Anyway, the cover art will be a painting containing Nergal's blood. Did someone else do this recently or is this a repeat of old Behemoth news? I'm getting deja vu.

Completely off-topic, but what is up with the redesign of blabbermouth? Yikes.

Can't really pick out the intricate parts of the song from the live recording, so I'll have to wait for a leaked studio version to give an opinion.

Back Stabbath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:54 am 

PurpleDoom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:57 am 

Quote:

Delayed until 2014. Amazon just hasn't updated yet, I guess.

Quote:

It's news on the Behemoth front, at least. I know this (use of human blood in art/signature) has been done for books and stuff, not really sure about album covers.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:40 am 

That song sounded pretty solid to me and I'm definitely not a fan of what I've heard from Behemoth, this being most of their albums from both eras. Maybe I should revisit this band.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:36 am 

DeathfareDevil wrote:

As much as I never got into much Behemoth, Nergal seems like a fucking cool dude. I may have to try again to get into some of their stuff for this upcoming album.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:48 am 

Seriously? Dunno about you, but to me Nergal's Facebook page is rapidly becoming exactly like Sasha Grey's or Taylor Swift's. Dude's enjoying the rockstar thing too much to turn back!

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next