Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:28 pm 

Their other negative feedbacks are for the same thing, 5 in a year
Quote:
Bootleg. Don't buy from this hack.
Quote:
Attention...she sent me a FAKE CD this is not a HIM\HER CD this is a copy!

[No, you are wrong. It's not a fake. CD is original, factory made & sealed]
Quote:
unreliable language
:lol:
Quote:
! EBAYERS BEWARE ! DISHONEST SELLER ! TRY TO SELL SOME RUSSIAN COUNTERFEIT !
[Check my other feedback! I'm selling only new, original items. Dispute is open.]
Quote:
This item is listed as all region but it will not load or play.

MetalRulesTheNight
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:37 am 

USURPER - Divine Spiritual And Intellectual Development $510.06

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:41 am 

dreadmeat wrote:
Their other negative feedbacks are for the same thing, 5 in a year

Yeah, and unfortunately the other 449 people don't realize/care the guy sells fakes.

Love how he claims every release he has is sealed, rare, and out of print. My warning bells went off when he immediately posted a new copy of the rare and out of print Captain Beefheart - Lick My Decals Off, Baby right after I had purchased it.

Oh yeah, and he makes every listing private, so nobody can see which of his items people claim are bootlegs.

And even the neutral feedback he received from someone pondered the same thing:

Quote:
Is this a bootleg ?

[No, it's not a bootleg. It's an original, factory made and sealed double CD set]

coldethyl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:04 pm 

MARSDUDE wrote:
I ain't even gonna bother. Shipping will be outrageous to send it back, I'm sure. I'll keep the bootleg.

I was sold a bootleg of Gene Simmon's solo album on Ebay.. It also had a cut out that was not specified in the auction..he had used a stock photo. I called Ebay after unsuccessfully getting a refund from the seller. Ebay made him pay me back and I kept the album. I told him I would gladly send the record back if he paid shipping but he refused. I didn't think I should be out money for a bootlegged cutout and Ebay felt the same way.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:14 pm 

^^Yeah, this guy used a stock photo too. See where the name of the album is in this pic:

The actual CD I received looks like this:

According to Discogs, the one buddy is selling is a Russian bootleg.

MetalRulesTheNight
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:20 am 

CENOTAPH - The Gloomy Reflection Of Our Hidden Sorrows $425

MORTEM - Demon Tales $510

chugging_pus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:36 am 

right now I have a sealed Morbid Tales and a sealed Ride The Lightning on eBay.

not the rarest things I own but I imagine they will get pretty high. (seller name is: ditmas_duke)

rarest most expensive record I own would be the the Soundhouse Tapes EP haha. it's in excellent condition if not better. also have a NM with Master Of Reality on Vertigo with a mint poster I bought separately

mornox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:56 pm 

MetalRulesTheNight wrote:

That's just insane. I can understand it if there's only ever been one printing of an album that it'd be worth a bunch, but that Cenotaph album has been reissued multiple times, last year even, with no alteration to the sound or artwork. That Mortem album was reissued once with new artwork one year after the original pressing and that version usually goes for less than ten euros. And this guy has the gall to ask five hundred bloody dollars for them, just because they're originals? The fuck you say? Do people actually fall for this?

Anyway, I bought a bunch of classic albums between 40 and 60 euros, like the Monstrosity debut, original early Septic Flesh albums, God Macabre, Sempiternal Deathreign, stuff like that, which I think is a nice upper limit for out-of-print classics. The most I ever payed for an album is a hundred euros for Mefisto's The Truth, because it's rare, comes in a cool embossed black jewelcase, will probably never be reprinted, is a bona-fide classic and usually goes for over twice what I ended up paying for it, so I definitely feel it was worth it.

MetalRulesTheNight
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:29 am 

GOREMENT - The Ending Quest $399.99

CHEMICAL BREATH - Fatal Exposure $471.67

RainbowPrius19
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:01 am 

I bought the Die Hard version of Echoes of Battle but that came with a ton of extra stuff so I don't know if that counts. I am not about to spend crazy amounts for just the music though. My view is if they want to only put out 50 copies then they won't mind me pirating it. I am pretty good on buying when I can...most of the time.

Necrostalker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:44 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
Though if I had to purchase some disc to listen to, it would never top $50, that's just absurd, unless it's so super rare that Abbath breathed on it, then sure, maybe I'd bump up my limit.

:lol:

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:38 pm 

Immolation ‎– Providence sells for pretty high prices, it was given away for free...

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84366
http://www.discogs.com/Immolation-Providence/master/376194

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:43 pm 

Apparently they brought along copies of that album on their Euro tour recently (jewelcase selfreleased re-press version!), the people that bought a copy can consider themselves really lucky... ;p

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:28 am 

Yeah lucky! do you know how much they sold them for at the gigs?

Milo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:20 pm 

lol, this topic is awesome. Looks like I've found a nice way to make some decent money from fools.

Exigence

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:13 pm 

I need to sell my entire cd collection off. I'm sure I have something that is rare. It's great to see things priced that high but that only matters if someone buys it. By ebay standards, there's a lot of 'rare' shit no one wants.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:11 am 

Milo wrote:
lol, this topic is awesome. Looks like I've found a nice way to make some decent money from fools.
gibe moni plos?!
Not all of us are fools mate, researching stuff and waiting for a good deal is what most of us would do to get the things we want.

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:45 am 

MetalRulesTheNight wrote:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/GOREMENT-The-Ending-Quest-CD-original-1st-press-Crypta-Records-/221411026241?pt=B%C3%BCcher_Unterhaltung_Music_CDs&hash=item338d202541
someone wants 650€ for this ...

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:07 pm 

oneyoudontknow wrote:

I want 1000 Euro for mine but this doesn't matter. Only prices that actually have been paid are valid, otherwise you could spam this thread full with such "wants"
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

rawsewage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:59 pm 

Exigence wrote:
I need to sell my entire cd collection off. I'm sure I have something that is rare. It's great to see things priced that high but that only matters if someone buys it. By ebay standards, there's a lot of 'rare' shit no one wants.

If you have any Power metal/Trad I might be interested in some.

travisvid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:10 pm 

I'm curious how much cost of this rare cds or lp's in early days was released, like Darkness Descends by Dark Angel or Into the Dark Past by Angel Dust, Recognize by Détente, etc.

For example:

In early days: Dark Angel Darkness descends $4.00
Now: Dark Angel darkness descends around $150 or more.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:34 am 

What do you mean?
When those albums first came out they weren't rare or classic, just new, so sold for the standard price of a regular CD/LP

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:59 am 

It's funny how when I told a friend of mine, who is an American that relocated to Belgium, about the high prices that the Monstrosity - Imperial Doom cd is going away for these days (over 40 euro's/50 dollars), he was like "wtf, i bought that cd for like 8 dollars or so in the 90s ?!"

The ironic part is that he left his cd collection in the US, when he came to work here... haha

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:13 am 

Isn't this topic a little senseless. Of course todays rarities once have been regular priced CDs or cheapos. They haven't been released and been priced as they cost today. Concerning Monstrosity I bought CD, LP and PicLP all 3 together for 10 German Marks (5 Euros today), Dawns debut for 1,99 Marks (1 Euro) in a sale bin, Gladiators first 2 albums for less than 5 Euro each in a Czech music store in the 90s and so on. Each one having bought music in the early 90s surely has some nowadays expensive stuff bought back then for the price of an apple.
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

travisvid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:04 am 

Eh, I remember in this years a lot of Sabbat (UK) Dreamweaver album first edition for $5.00 on ebay, I buy two and not boots of course, just I don't remember my account and don't use in many years.

OnTopic, because I buy to my friend this one $250 :drool:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DETENTE-Recogni ... 5404c927a7

Lord_Beavereater
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:53 pm 

travisvid wrote:

In early days: Dark Angel Darkness descends $4.00
Now: Dark Angel darkness descends around $150 or more.

I bought a copy of Darkness Descends to replace my scratched copy about 6 months ago, and it was under $20 delivered.
But if anyone wants to pay that kind of money, I am happy to sell it! :)

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:03 pm 

Right so I just happen to have a copy of Gojira - Terra Incognita in my hand, there is one solitary unit for sale at Discogs for $250 usd, whoah
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Gojira/Terra_Incognita/44912

MetalRulesTheNight
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:11 pm 

$250 seems quite a lot. You can see past ebay sales of Gojira - Terra Incognita here: http://heavymetalcd.com/cd_prices/searc ... 0Incognita

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:13 pm 

And I thought $125 was steep for that first Ark CD.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:19 pm 

$250 is insane for that Gojira album, as good as it is I'd spend that money on some Miasma or Blood etc instead :nods:

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:25 pm 

And according to the Discogs statistics someone actually paid 120 fucking euros for that digipak?! Well fuck me sideways...

Seriously, if I had 120€ to spend I could buy Miasma's Changes, Invocator's Excursion Demise, Monstrosity's Imperial Doom, Eternal Dirge's Morbus Ascendit and so many more. Paying that for a Gojira album is excruciatingly stupid!

Chutunaut
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:57 pm 

androdion wrote:
And according to the Discogs statistics someone actually paid 120 fucking euros for that digipak?! Well fuck me sideways...

Seriously, if I had 120€ to spend I could buy Miasma's Changes, Invocator's Excursion Demise, Monstrosity's Imperial Doom, Eternal Dirge's Morbus Ascendit and so many more. Paying that for a Gojira album is excruciatingly stupid!

Indeed first Gabriel edition could cost this amount. For sure not Listenable reissue.

By the way, I would like to know how much Godzilla (first name for Gojira) "Possessed" CD costs nowadays

RepulsiveVenom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:16 pm 

I paid $110AUD for my first press of Imperial Doom on CD. I also paid $99AUD for my Picture Eternal Dark/Diamond Dreamer double album on CD(very limited at the time I bought it, since has been re-released).. Sheesh, I'd be willing to pay hundreds if it was the right album I wanted, but I've got all the rarities I craved now.

RepulsiveVenom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:20 pm 

I've got a first press of Misery's A Necessary Evil that I only paid $10 for too.. On discogs it's selling for around the $350-$400 mark.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:16 am 

RepulsiveVenom wrote:
I've got a first press of Misery's A Necessary Evil that I only paid $10 for too.. On discogs it's selling for around the $350-$400 mark.

Yeah that keeps showing up on my want list there, that and Insidious from Mdtkamal [I think I got my Morpheus Descends CD from from recently]
Ten buck! mega score, I saw Deadspeak in the sale bin here for $14nzd :lol:

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:44 am 

Speaking of Miasma there's a copy of Changes on Discogs right now for €68 EUR
The seller dropped it from €80 EUR for some reason

Xytras71
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:30 am 

Sabbat:"The Dwelling" Evil Records. Got it last Sunday for 92$ CND as buy it now 5 minutes after loosing an auction which went for 123$ US. lol

But the most I've ever paid was a first press of Purtenance :"The member of immortal damnation" for 155$ US

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:47 pm 

I just keep wondering if there will be a moment in time where all those classic first press metal albums will all get massively dumped into the market again (for example, when all those kids from the early days (late 80s/early 90s generation) hit 60+ years old, should be somewhere from the year 2030 on...), where they all sell for dumpingprices by then because nobody will give a shit about all of that by then, or will the selling price just keep going up to unimaginable hights? For example, are the metal classics by then considered the 1950's Elvis Presley Vinyl EP's that are selling for thousands of euro's now? Or will metal albums prove to be different in cult-ness, and just be totally forgotten about? Only time will tell I guess. But you gotta hand it, it would be pretty ironic if there is moment coming when everyone wants to get rid of all those albums and no one wants to buy them by then. And who knows maybe the high price rarities by then will be stuff like the last couple of albums of bands like A Day to Remember, Suicide Silence, Parkway Drive, Between The Buried And Me, Animals As Leaders, etc. Kind of a morbid look into the future for metal, but I guess it's just better to ignore that kind of thinking and keep living in the 'now'... But it would be interesting to hear other peoples thoughts on this.....

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:36 pm 

Well, considering that a Gojira album from 2001 apparently sells for over 100€... I'd say that day is already upon us. At least partially. :P

I think that either the market will be exactly the same in the future when it comes to underground CDs, or, it will be something radically different. Like digital stuff only or something like that. It depends on too many factors though. Demand, cost, technological evolution, state of music... I really think it will be an "either or" scenario. But most likely it will be pretty much as it is right now.

RepulsiveVenom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:40 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
RepulsiveVenom wrote:

Yeah that keeps showing up on my want list there, that and Insidious from Mdtkamal [I think I got my Morpheus Descends CD from from recently]
Ten buck! mega score, I saw Deadspeak in the sale bin here for $14nzd :lol:

Ten Bucks for a Morpheus Descends CD? As in Ritual of Infinity or the Chronicles EP?? Fucking Hell!! Total score!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 82  Next