Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:15 pm 

Tempered_Steel wrote:
I just spend $120 USD for a sealed copy of Ildjarn is Dead, I don't see anything wrong with paying a large amount of money if it's something that you really would like to have. I have always thought that EVERYTHING in the world available for purchase is only worth the amount that you are willing to pay, and me being a collector there are many things that I would pay money for

Let me guess that you bought the vinyl edition, correct? The CD edition is worth maximum $20 as used but near mint condition and I don't know if mint copies even have been sealed but the value will be $30 as you see this pretty often in near mint condition on tradelists
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:23 pm 

what pisses me right off with 'rare' stuff is sellers refusing to not send it registered, registered is pointless because the postie will just leave it in the mail box regardless and if anyone is going to pinch it the extra costs won't matter a damn.
so you're stuck with paying say $50 for a cd and sometimes a whopping $20 [or more] just for shipping :(

i get all parcels sent to my local post office not my on the footpath mailbox by the way...

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:31 pm 

Registered shipping is far from useless. Having a high-priced CD sent via normal mail without a tracking number, really? Registered mail here is delivered by hand to the given address and it requires a signature to be received. If no one's home the mail man leaves a notice and I have three days to pick it up at the post office. So I'd say it's far away from useless!

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:38 pm 

i've sent numerous things via registered mail and only 1 actually got signed for, i felt bad for the buyer because they paid extra for it.
also if i get the package sent to the post office there is no need to get a signature [and hence pay for it] it would be nice to have the option of standard mail when getting things sent to a post office.
if the postie actually does what they are meant to do then yeah registered is awesome but in reality this doesn't happen [every time]

we've all seen those videos online... :roll: :crash:

you guys remember that photo forestcorpse posted a while ago of the RECORDS just sitting on top of his mail box?
you can bet your arse that wasn't standard mail

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:08 pm 

I begin to think that my postal service is actually quite good when compared to the examples thrown around here. :D

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:14 pm 

androdion wrote:
I begin to think that my postal service is actually quite good when compared to the examples thrown around here. :D

ha ha ours generally is good but our posties don't have the facilities to accept signatures [a pen...] so this is why i get stuff sent to my post office instead.
also it's reassuring for the sender too, i'm always much happier to send things to post offices overseas.

i've seen a few original bolt thrower - realm of chaos cds for sale recently, is it just me or are they pretty cheap and easy to get now?

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:33 pm 

everything on CD by Bolt Thrower was all the years easy to get (at least in Europe their stuff is circulating in huge quantities) for 10 Euros and less, only the original vinyls can be quite expensive
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:58 pm 

Speaking of which, this one reads "1989 & 1995, made in USA". Is it the same as with the first Brutal Truth album to which there's a version like this as well? In fact mine reads something similar "1992 & 1995, made in USA".

Didn't really know that there was this version...

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:02 pm 

androdion wrote:
Speaking of which, this one reads "1989 & 1995, made in USA". Is it the same as with the first Brutal Truth album to which there's a version like this as well? In fact mine reads something similar "1992 & 1995, made in USA".

Didn't really know that there was this version...

wtf am i looking at?! they aren't allowed to use that artwork.
my 2005 reissue has the 'spaceman' artwork

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:04 pm 

there are quite a bunch of albums where there exists a USA licensed version which came a little later than the original press. Sometimes very similar to the original, sometimes with bonus tracks (as on the Brutal Truth debut).
Other albums with a later US release are Morbid Angel - Covenant or Carcass - Heartwork. Interestingly all mentioned albums come from Earache UK originally and came out all in 1995 with a US Address of Earache.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:10 pm 

I'm not sure but it's not the first time I've seen a version licensed for the USA with this kind of dating, "ORG+1995". I bought my BT album from the Earache booth on Wacken so I'm sure it's a real thing though. What's funny about it is that both the CD and back tray read only "1992" whereas the booklet reads "1992 & 1995", plus the CD has "made in the EEC" and the booklet has "made in USA". I don't know how I ended up with a European copy that has an American booklet, but it's funny how I got it like that from the actual label!

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:13 pm 

i think they get booklets, discs, artwork printing and assembly in the cheapest places.
we get loads of odd combinations down here.

MetalRulesTheNight
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:22 am 

it is very common for labels (in order to save some cash) to print more booklets than discs in the first place. If the album is sold out, it works out cheaper to print some extra discs (which might have a few differences than the original) and use them with the old prints. Also, depending on the licensing agreements, discs and booklets might be produced in different territories....

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:20 pm 

i think pretty much exactly that happens, they may even sell the booklets to anyone reissuing the album too.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:53 pm 

On eBay a week or so ago I saw an original Cogumelo Records printing of Morbid Visions by Sepultura, with the O Fortuna intro, for about $130. If I was interested in blowing a shitload of money I'd have gotten it.

On the other hand, there's a place up in Manchester, New Hampshire called the Music Mill that has boxes and boxes of still in the shrinkwrap vinyls for $5 each. It's where I got my vinyl of Darkness Descends back in October, and they also had a vinyl of Into the Pandemonium that I wish I had gotten.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:05 am 

androdion wrote:

I second that. The postal service here is top too, never lost a package and they go to extra work to make sure you get your stuff. And as it's a small place, and people know each other, I even got packages delivered by hand when I was my way to work and crossed with the postman.

~Guest 300273
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:22 pm 

Depending on how rare it is. I'm cheap so if I can't find it, I'll just download it. I remembering seeing Metallica's album LuLu at record shop here in Chicago (which isn't a rarity or music). 50 bucks. Yup, I guess shit does shine to some people.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:55 pm 

japc wrote:
I even got packages delivered by hand when I was my way to work and crossed with the postman.
ha ha ha that's excellent :grin:

Tormented666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:35 am 

Tormented666 wrote:
an estimated value on Desultory - Forever Gone MLP - House of kicks 1991? Near mint condition....
also Bathory - Under the sign of the black mark LP Under one flag - near mint condition.....

thx....

Bump

Anyone have an idea?

thx.........

MetalRulesTheNight
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:24 pm 

SQUADRON - Fatal Strike $338

ICELAND - s/t $572

Tormented666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:41 pm 

Vinterland - welcome my last chapter 1st pressing with Wings of sorrow on the spine, anyone know a price for this?

/magnus

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:41 pm 

Tormented666 wrote:
an estimated value on Desultory - Forever Gone MLP - House of kicks 1991? Near mint condition....
also Bathory - Under the sign of the black mark LP Under one flag - near mint condition.....thx....

I'm not sure on the Desultory one. The Bathory LP should be $50-60, maybe (but probably not) a bit more depending on the exact condition.

Tormented666 wrote:
Vinterland - welcome my last chapter 1st pressing with Wings of sorrow on the spine, anyone know a price for this?

/magnus

$60-75

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:50 am 

Tormented666 wrote:

/magnus

With a little luck and patience you can get it for around 30 Euro ($40), got mine off Ebay Germany before the re-release came out and paid 25 Euro. Since the new version was available prices have even dropped a little. So realistic would be anything between 30 and 40 Euro ($40-55).

peterott
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:31 am 

Tormented666 wrote:
Tormented666 wrote:
also Bathory - Under the sign of the black mark LP Under one flag - near mint condition.....

thx....

Bump

Anyone have an idea?

thx.........

50-60 Euros I presume. However, it doesn't appear quite often, so with the current SWE-Death-madness, it might be 80+ Euros. However, it's Desultory's best music (not the polished Sunlight production that somehow made the debut less furious as it could have been...)

Tormented666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:45 pm 

ok, thank u

[/quote]

50-60 Euros I presume. However, it doesn't appear quite often, so with the current SWE-Death-madness, it might be 80+ Euros. However, it's Desultory's best music (not the polished Sunlight production that somehow made the debut less furious as it could have been...)[/quote]

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:35 pm 

Spent $54 on Captain Beefheart - Lick My Decals Off, Baby

Hope it ain't a bootleg. We'll see when it gets here. Thankfully, I read that the album cover has a certain noticeable defect, if it is a Russian bootleg.

And if it turns out to be a bootleg, I hope it's high quality.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:20 am 

I have a quick question about my copy of Sabbat - The Dwelling cd. Here's a couple of photos:

Spoiler: show

It's the original 1996 Evil Records press with the blue cover (lim to 450), & is in near mint condition, as I've only played it maybe once or twice, and I'm keen to know it's worth, as discogs and (naturally) ebay weren't much help. It's for sale or possible trade by the way if anyone is interested.

My collection

Last edited by CrushedRevelation on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:31 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
I have a quick question about my copy of Sabbat - The Dwelling cd.

It's the original 1996 Evil Records press with the blue cover (lim to 450), & is in near mint condition, as I've only played it maybe once or twice, and I'm keen to know it's worth, as discogs and (naturally) ebay weren't much help. It's for sale or possible trade by the way if anyone is interested.

I traded my copy away last year against a CD which has a value of 60-70 Euro, so I would say this may be a fair value for the Sabbat CD.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:36 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
I have a quick question about my copy of Sabbat - The Dwelling cd. Here's a couple of photos:

Spoiler: show

I would be interested in buying it, but I imagine it's going to be expensive, so perhaps not. :P You'll get a good influx of cash from that, for sure.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:46 am 

No worries Mikey :wink: and thanks Asti! :thumbsup:

My collection

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:51 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
No worries Mikey :wink: and thanks Asti! :thumbsup:

You're welcome. I just noticed your pictures don't show the OBI, is it included? The guy who wanted my copy last year seemed to be more interested that the OBI was included than the general condition of the CD (my copy was near mint with OBI).

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:10 am 

You'll have to explain what you mean by OBI I'm afraid :oh shit:

My collection

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:38 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
You'll have to explain what you mean by OBI I'm afraid :oh shit:

Well OBI Strips come with all japanese CDs and LPs, they are printed on thin cardboard with the Asian hieroglyphes and wrapped around the CD case or the vinyl cover, here is an example:

I think you now know what I mean. For me I didn't also know for a long time how these printed papers were called but any Japan CD I bought came with this. For collectors these OBIs are essential. In the early 90s when I started collecting CDs unfortunately I threw away quite a bunch of those as they didn't have any use for me, now I could kick my ass for doing that.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:51 am 

Yep, now I do, and have edited my pics of the cd in my earlier post. They're there, thanks again.

My collection

MetalRulesTheNight
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:01 am 

A few days ago a copy of Sabbat - The Dwelling sold for £38 (approx. $57 US) on ebay. OBI was included. It is also true that it doesn't show up very often

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:55 am 

MARSDUDE wrote:
Spent $54 on Captain Beefheart - Lick My Decals Off, Baby

Hope it ain't a bootleg. We'll see when it gets here. Thankfully, I read that the album cover has a certain noticeable defect, if it is a Russian bootleg.

And if it turns out to be a bootleg, I hope it's high quality.

Yup. Bootleg. Fuckin' hack eBay sellers.

Well, at least I own the CD now... Music sounds perfect, so that's a positive....

And here's his eBay page, so you know not to buy from him:

http://myworld.ebay.ca/mksmsgl/

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:45 pm 

MARSDUDE wrote:
And here's his eBay page, so you know not to buy from him:

http://myworld.ebay.ca/mksmsgl/
Fark, check out their eBay Member User ID History :eek:
http://contact.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=mksmsgl

User ID: Effective Date End Date
mksmsgl 18-Jul-12 Present
vs-time 05-Jun-12 18-Jul-12
greg-time 28-Oct-10 05-Jun-12
702026 25-Dec-08 28-Oct-10
greg-time 09-Sep-06 25-Dec-08
glubars 22-Jun-06 09-Sep-06
u702026tennis 10-Oct-05 22-Jun-06

Perhaps their next username will be scam-time :roll:

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:52 am 

Damn! I didn't even realize you could check out ID history!

Can't wait for him to see the neg. rep I left him.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:29 pm 

MARSDUDE wrote:
Damn! I didn't even realize you could check out ID history!

Can't wait for him to see the neg. rep I left him.

Did you contact them and let them know it's a bootleg before placing that negative feedback?
The name history thing is excellent isn't it, very handy feature.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:18 pm 

I ain't even gonna bother. Shipping will be outrageous to send it back, I'm sure. I'll keep the bootleg.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 82  Next