Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:59 am 

I like the cover, as it has been mentioned it has a more atmospheric touch. Its a good choice.

Torture was a good album tough I prefer The Kill, what a great album, I hope they can release something really fast and violent.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:06 am 

Torture, Kill and Evisceration Plague were all incredibly solid 4-star death metal albums; I see no reason to discount the new one. Cool cover art and better song titles make it even more lucrative.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:27 am 

Sweet cover art! Looking forward to it - if anything, because CC will be touring again, and seeing them is always a blast.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:05 pm 

There's a preview of Sadistic Embodiment on itunes. Sounds like Torture, except a bit clearer. The bass really stands out.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:10 pm 

"Sadistic Embodiment" in its entirety:

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:23 pm 

Definitely digging that super clear production. Hearing a lot of Slayer-isms in the guitars, pretty solid song. Pretty much everything we could want/expect from CC.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:28 pm 

That song is good, but a lot weaker than anything from Torture. That churny, start-stop riff that they seem to have designated as the chorus is actually really annoying. I guess the heavy amount of thrash influence is pretty interesting, but musically it's a big step down overall.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:34 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
Sweet cover art! Looking forward to it - if anything, because CC will be touring again, and seeing them is always a blast.

They're playing this Monday in Portland, OR. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it. They absolutely blew me away live a year or so ago when they hit the Wonder Ballroom. Flawless performances. Crushing sound. Loud as a mofo.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:28 pm 

I haven't seen them since they came through here for Mayhem Fest in 2009. I desperately wanted to go see them at Toad's Place last year, but outside factors prevented me from seeing them then. I'm tempted to go to Mayhem Fest this year solely because they're on the bill, but I think I'd rather see them in a small venue with a full set rather than see them in an open air setting playing for only 30 minutes.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom/Black Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

RegularK
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:08 pm 

I'm liking that YouTube of Sadistic Embodiment. I've never been a huge fan of Cannibal Corpse, but I like this err, "thinner" and slightly thrashier sound, for lack of better words.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:12 pm 

Subrick wrote:
I haven't seen them since they came through here for Mayhem Fest in 2009. I desperately wanted to go see them at Toad's Place last year, but outside factors prevented me from seeing them then. I'm tempted to go to Mayhem Fest this year solely because they're on the bill, but I think I'd rather see them in a small venue with a full set rather than see them in an open air setting playing for only 30 minutes.

Not to mention that they look very out of place, with the other bands being complete jokes from 10 years ago.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:07 pm 

Yeah that song rules hard. Total Slayer with that first riff.

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:19 am 

MutantClannfear wrote:
That churny, start-stop riff that they seem to have designated as the chorus is actually really annoying.

Yeah I agree with this, didn't find it at all appealing, but still good signs with the rest of it, will look forward to the whole thing. and cant wait to see them for the first time when they come back to australia in september

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:16 am 

http://www.metalblade.com/cannibalcorpse/news.php

Quote:
- July 1st, 2014 –

New Song And Pre-order Packages Now Available + Band To Kick Off Summer Tour As Part Of The Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival

American Death Metal Icons, CANNIBAL CORPSE, are pleased to announce the release of their thirteenth full-length, entitled, A Skeletal Domain.

Lucky number thirteen? Lucky or not, it’s a quantity of releases (not even counting VHS/DVD releases and EPs) and a wealth of material beyond which most bands could even fathom. The CANNIBAL CORPSE collective – vocalist George “Corpsegrinder” Fisher, bassist Alex Webster, guitarists Pat O’Brien and Rob Barrett and drummer Paul Mazurkiewicz — approaches each recording session with a honed and precise vision of a band in their third decade of existence. With this new entry to their extensive catalog, they’ve switched gears, opting to work with producer Mark Lewis (The Black Dahlia Murder, DevilDriver) at Audio Hammer Studios, after having tracked their previous three outings (Kill, Evisceration Plague, Torture) with Erik Rutan. Boasting twelve-ominous tracks in forty-four spine-fraying minutes, the result is a massive, belligerent, and deliberate aural attack that finds the band at their peak of their notoriously hyper kinetic, meticulously executed brutality.

Preparation for A Skeletal Domain did not vary significantly from previous efforts. “At the end of the day, we’re still making a death metal record, no matter where it’s being recorded,” relays bassist Alex Webster. Mark Lewis offered a slightly different, modern recording approach, but the band stressed that they could not be more pleased with their previous albums with Rutan, and the door is most definitely open to work with him again in the future. Changing producers is something the band has historically done after every few albums, if only to not get too comfortable. CANNIBAL CORPSE also tried to step outside of their comfort zone when it came to songwriting and their musical performances. “Consistency is often confused with repetition. We are established with what we do as a band, and we could relax and not push ourselves, but we try to push the envelope. That’s what makes this exciting,” adds Webster. “Anyone who really listens to this album with an open mind will hear that it’s not same-old same-old.” Mark Lewis would concur with Webster’s analysis and even goes a step further by claiming that “there are moments on this record that have never happened in musical history.” CANNIBAL CORPSE have proven time and again that they have more fuel in their tank, more riffs in their minds, and more ways to describe gore than any single group of human beings could ever have hoped. The thirteenth album will prove to be as important a landmark in their career as just about any other. CANNIBAL CORPSE are consistency defined.

A Skeletal Domain will be released in North America on September 16th, 2014 via Metal Blade records. Point your browser to THIS LOCATION where you’ll witness the sonic trauma that embodies second track, “Sadistic Embodiment” as well as a host of preorder bundles.

A Skeletal Domain Track Listing:
01. High Velocity Impact Spatter
02. Sadistic Embodiment
03. Kill or Become
04. A Skeletal Domain
05. Headlong into Carnage
06. The Murderer’s Pact
07. Funeral Cremation
08. Icepick Lobotomy
09. Vector of Cruelty
10. Bloodstained Cement
11. Asphyxiate to Resuscitate
12. Hollowed Bodies

As a precursor to the official unveiling of A Skeletal Domain, CANNIBAL CORPSE will kick off the Summer as Coldcock Herbal Whiskey Stage headliners on the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival. Set to commence on July 5th in San Bernardino, California, the annual mega tour will stampede its way across the US throughout July and much of August, coming to a close on August 10th in Woodland, Texas. As an added bonus, CANNIBAL CORPSE will be doing daily signings at 3:00pm at their merch booth for the duration of the fest where Mayhem attendees can preorder “A Skeletal Domain.” Fans can buy a limited edition laminate with a unique redemption code, redeemable online via metalblade.com and the record will ship to their door! Confirmed dates, including various one-off headlining shows, are listed below. Confirmed dates, including various one-off headlining shows, are listed below.

CANNIBAL CORPSE
07/01 San Antonio, TX Backstage Live
07/02 El Paso, TX Tricky Falls
Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival
w/ Avenged Sevenfold, Korn, Asking Alexandria, Trivium, Cannibal Corpse, Suicide Silence, Body Count featuring Ice-T, Miss May I, Emmure, Mushroomhead, Texas Hippie Coalition, Veil of Maya, Upon A Burning Body, Darkest Hour, Ill Nino, Wretched, Islander, KING 810, and Erimha
07/05 San Bernardino, CA San Manuel Amphitheater
07/06 Mountain View, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre
07/07 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theatre* w/Suicide Silence, Wretched
07/08 Auburn, WA White River Amphitheater
07/09 Boise, ID Idaho Center Amphitheatre
07/11 Phoenix, AZ Ak-Chin Pavilion
07/12 Albuquerque, NM Isleta Amphitheatre
07/13 Denver, CO The Fillmore Auditorium *Taste of Mayhem wo/Avenged, Korn
07/15 Lawrence, KS Granada Theater* w/Suicide Silence, Wrtched
07/16 Maryland Heights, MO Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
07/17 Clarkston, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre
07/18 Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom *Taste of Mayhem wo/Avenged, Korn
07/19 Noblesville, IN Klipsch Music Center
07/20 Tinley Park, IL First Midwest Bank Amphitheater
07/22 Mansfield, MA Xfinity Center
07/23 Saratoga, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center
07/24 Thornville, OH Legend Valley Concert Venue * Gathering of Juggalos
07/25 Toronto, ON Molson Ampitheatre
07/26 Burgettstown, PA First Niagara Pavilion
07/27 Hartford, CT Xfinity Theatre
07/28 South Burlington, VT Higher Ground* w/Suicide Silence, Wretched
07/29 Darien Center, NY Darien Lake
07/31 Sayerville, NJ Sarland Ballroom* w/Suicide Silence, Wretched
08/01 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Center
08/02 Scranton, PA The Pavilion At Montage Mountain
08/03 Bristow, VA Jiffy Lube Live
08/04 Winston-Salem, NC Ziggy’s* w/Suicide Silence, Wretched
08/05 Atlanta, GA Lakewood Amphitheatre
08/06 Memphis, TN Memphis International Speedway
08/07 Oklahoma City, OK Downtown Air Park
08/08 Lubbock, TX Jake’s Sports Cafe* w/Suicide Silence, Wretched
08/09 Dallas, TX Gexa Energy Pavilion
08/10 The Woodlands, TX Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
End Tour *=off day of Mayhem Festival

CANNIBAL CORPSE
Tour w/ Hour of Penance
09/07 Perth, AU Capitol
09/08 Fowlers, AU Adelaide
09/09 Melbourne, AU Billboard
09/10 Sydney, AU The Metro
09/11 Brisbane, AU HiFi
09/17 Tokyo, JP Liquid Room
09/18 Nagoya, JP ELL
09/19 Osaka, JP Club Quattro
09/20 Hiroshima, JP Club Quattro

CANNIBAL CORPSE
w/ Revocation, Aeon
10/14 Jyvaskyla, FI Lutakko
10/15 Helsinki, FI Nosturi
10/17 Stockholm, SE Debaser Strand
10/18 Oslo, NO Vulkan Arena
10/19 Gothenburg, SE Sticky Fingers
10/21 Zwolle, NL Hedon
10/22 Saarbrücken, DE Garage
10/23 Lyon, FR Ninksi Kao
10/24 Barcelona, ES Razzmatazz 2
10/25 Madrid, ES Arena
10/27 Toulouse, FR Le Bikini
10/28 Paris, FR Trabendo
10/29 Strasbourg, FR La Laiterie
10/30 Antwerp, BE Trix
10/31 London, GB Forum
11/01 Leeds, GB Damnation Festival *No Revocation, Aeon
11/02 Lille, FR Splendid
11/04 Frankfurt, DE Batschkapp
11/05 Ludwigsburg, DE Rockfabrik
11/06 Osnabrück, DE Rosenhof
11/07 Hamburg, DE Klubsen
11/08 Aalborg, DK Metal Festival
11/09 Copenhagen, DK Amager Bio
11/11 Berlin, DE C-Club
11/12 Prague, CZ Club Roxy
11/13 München, DE Backstage
11/14 Glauchau, DE AlteSpinnerei
11/15 Brno, CZ Fleda
11/16 Cracow, PL Fabryka
11/17 Warsaw, PL Progresja
11/19 Graz, AT Explosiv
11/20 Budapest, HU Club 202
11/21 Zilina, SK KlubSmer
11/22 Wien, AT Szene
11/23 Nova Gorica, SI Mostovna Club
11/25 Treviso, IT New Age
11/26 Milan, IT Alcatrazz
11/27 Lausanne, CH Les Docks
11/28 Pratteln, CH Z7
11/29 Bochum, DE Matrix
11/30 Uden, NL De Pul

In related CANNIBAL CORPSE happenings, this September, the band will unleash their first-ever official authorized biography. Written by Joel McIver, author of Justice For All: The Truth About Metallica and biographies on Black Sabbath, Slayer, Slipknot, and Queens Of The Stone Age, Bible Of Butchery – Cannibal Corpse: The Official Biography will contain over 150 pages loaded with photos from the band’s collection, available everywhere this Fall!

“Cannibal Corpse are the biggest death metal band in the world…” — Metal Hammer UK

http://www.metalblade.com/cannibalcorpse
http://www.facebook.com/cannibalcorpse
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:57 am 

ModusOperandi wrote:
"Sadistic Embodiment" in its entirety:

This band has had its day. Once upon a time the most brutal act, boring dry nowdays. :thumbsdown:

"You make it easy."

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:35 am 

CloggedUrethra wrote:
I don't think Paul's a slow/shitty drummer, and I actually really like Gallery (my 2nd fav from the pre-2000 stuff).

But I consider him as the weakest element of the band, not a bad drummer but I would like to see a better one.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:49 am 

I thought the riffs were great. Yes def a bit more trashy, but it's about time they had a change. That being said, I am going to have to express my dislike of the production. They could have had something more metal if they would have liked. The mix is at least good though, usually Corpsegrinders vocals are super high in the mix, but I can follow everything else behind them well. Still pretty interested in this.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:42 am 

I'm so stoked for this, but what do I know; I'm a self-admitted fan-boy.
Great song, and the production feels fresh (for lack of better words). But I'll reserve my final judgement for when I have the finished product in my paws.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:35 pm 

I've got Butchered, Tomb, Bleeding, and Torture. I think that covers me for CC style music. Would go see them live again in a second though.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:44 pm 

The chorus is a little weird, but still, I dig.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

red_blood_inside
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:47 pm 

The track is great, the prod a bit to polished, from them "I want some nasty!!!" (Greg Poppovich dixit). But still, this band allways delivers
Not hearsay but the will of man

Lord_X
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:38 am 

Anyone know why the UK pre-order tab on the Metal Blade website doesn't work? Both USA and Eurpoe do.

It's frustrating as I really want to pre-order it!

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:45 am 

Ancient_Mariner wrote:
I've got Butchered, Tomb, Bleeding, and Torture. I think that covers me for CC style music. Would go see them live again in a second though.

Kinda funny that you mention those, since they all sound different. I would at least try Bloodthirst and Kill, if you havent already.

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:44 am 

Wait?! A CC cover art without over-the-top gore?

This oughta be good...

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:06 am 

A really good song, I like the fastest parts(as always) and the slowes/heaviest ones, good contrast, the mid-tempo section is more boring though.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:15 am 

The start-stop riff isn't a bad idea in itself, but it sounds quite awkward given that the stops are complete and utter silence: no tailing bass response from the guitars, ringing drum shells, feedback or anything like you might hear when the song is performed live. Secondly, though I appreciate the more present bass, but the guitar tone is definitely less powerful than on the last handful of albums. I don't think I'll buy it outright.

LeMiserable wrote:

This oughta be good...

:roll:

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:49 am 

aaronmb666 wrote:
Ancient_Mariner wrote:

Kinda funny that you mention those, since they all sound different. I would at least try Bloodthirst and Kill, if you havent already.

Yeah they aren't all clones of each other by any means, but I think the only other album of theirs I'd buy would be the debut. of course if the new one is totally devastating I'd likely get it.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:30 pm 

LeMiserable wrote:

This oughta be good...

Doesnt really bother me as they havent had an over the top cover since Wretched Spawn, though almost all of the Fisher albums look a little too cartoony to me.

allureoftheearth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:37 am 

New song was fun. I really enjoyed when it kicks off (2 min mark). It reminds me of a part in Murder Worship (off Kill) where they build up a sledgehammer of a riff and go ape-shit with it.

LeonardoS
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:20 pm 

Just listened to the new song. Very very good... can't wait!!

overtenmy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:13 pm 

The new song sounds really good. CC has been releasing some really strong material over the past few years. I really liked Kill, Evisceration Plague and Torture. I saw them for the first time when they headlined on the Summer Slaughter tour and a second time on the Decibel tour with Immolation. They put on a really good performance each time. I'm looking forward to the new album.

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:20 am 

New Cannibal Corpse sounds like any other Cannibal Corpse song. Surprised no one's sick of them...

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:04 am 

They're not like Slayer where they write the same types of songs but most of their newer stuff has devolved into almost a parody of what they used to be. Cannibal's still making genuinely great death metal after all these years and it seems like it'll take somebody just getting too old and broken down to play the material anymore (coughPaulwheeze) for them to even consider calling it a day.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom/Black Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Metal_Jaw
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:29 am 

theposega wrote:
Yeah that song rules hard. Total Slayer with that first riff.

Heh, yeah. They do Slayer better than Slayer.

Eradicatedseraphim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:04 am 

Paul's drumming is hilariously bad.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:51 am 

Love the cover and titles, will deffinitely pick this up as 'Torture' was great.

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:54 am 

Love the new song!
Hmm, I actually wouldn't mind buying him a sauna if it would reduce the odds of me getting infected by his excess sensitive-skin flakes that get blown off in the wind. I don't want to turn into a cunt.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:34 am 

Unorthodox wrote:
New Cannibal Corpse sounds like any other Cannibal Corpse song. Surprised no one's sick of them...

It's hard to get sick of them when they do what they do so well.

Obligatory Last FM Link

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:02 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
The start-stop riff isn't a bad idea in itself, but it sounds quite awkward given that the stops are complete and utter silence: no tailing bass response from the guitars, ringing drum shells, feedback or anything like you might hear when the song is performed live. Secondly, though I appreciate the more present bass, but the guitar tone is definitely less powerful than on the last handful of albums. I don't think I'll buy it outright.
I actually like the start-stop riff because it's different, and it feels slightly new in terms of their sound, I get the impression that everyone but George Fisher is trying to be experimental here. The more prominent bass is refreshing as I've felt that's been lost in the mix for awhile, or perhaps the tone is just higher here. It's a solid song and I hope there's more remarkable songs throughout A Skeletal Domain, but I concur with others that the artwork looks too cartoony and a couple of stages before completion.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:44 am 

01. High Velocity Impact Spatter
02. Sadistic Embodiment
03. Kill or Become
04. A Skeletal Domain
05. Headlong into Carnage - Webster
06. The Murderer’s Pact- Webster
07. Funeral Cremation
08. Icepick Lobotomy
09. Vector of Cruelty- Webster
10. Bloodstained Cement -webster
11. Asphyxiate to Resuscitate - Barrett/Mazurkiewicz
12. Hollowed Bodies

http://musicmayhemwithmandy.com/2014/07 ... al-domain/
My guess is Rob did Icepick Lobotomy and Hollowed Bodies, while Obrien did the rest.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next