* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
tahu157
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:30 am 

tahu157 wrote:
Tentatively my Sonata Arctica power rankings are:

Ecliptica = Reckoning Night > Pariah's Child > The Days of Grays > Talviyo = Silence > Winterheart's Guild > Unia = The 9th Hour = Stones Grow Her Name

I haven't gotten to listen to Clear Cold Beyond a whole lot yet, but my I'm leaning towards putting it roughly equal with Days of Grays in my power rankings. Better than Talviyo but not quite as good as Pariah's Child.

As far as impressions of the album, it feels a lot like Winterheart's Guild/Reckoning Night, with some parts that seem like a heavier Pariah's Child. First In Line was my least favorite of the three singles but it's grown on me a lot. Dark Empath and Angel Defiled are both standout tracks. Angel Defiled in particular is the song that reminds me a lot of Pariah's Child at times.

Simfers
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:46 pm 

Finally got to listen to this a couple of times. I think it's definitely the best they've done in years.

I saw a review where they likened it to the missing album between Reckoning Night and Unia, and yeah, I can hear it. It's like that intermediate step that was skipped. Good stuff, good stuff.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4