Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:34 pm 

Yeah, you're right. My mind was a bit blurred, but he didn't sing anything on any recording. At least not officially.

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:40 pm 

LG's Entombed is now Entombed AD.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/l-g-pe ... ombed-a-d/

Geoff Tate couldn't be reached for a comment.

~Guest 40855
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:56 am 

A live stream will be available for the symphony concert in Gävle at Arbetarbladet's website, for those who's interested in hearing the Clandestine album with the symphony orchestra, that is tomorrow:
http://arbetarbladet.se/noje/musik/1.67 ... -konserten

shwartzheim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:07 pm 

Haven't checked out the stream yet but if this 2013 performance is anything to go by, I think I'll pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X24DkgPYdb0

rexxz wrote:
it refers to a guitar tuning where you take the E standard scale and "drop" you low E string to a D, enabling you to play power chords with a single finger. It is for noobs and children.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:20 am 

So some dude on Blabbermouth had the link to the performance (in fact it's the same link as the poster 2 posts up, but fuck it this thread was buried) and having some late night time I decided to give it a peak. Well, I then asked myself... wait a minute, death metal in a theatre? The orchestra plays for the first couple of minutes and my interest is flatlined. Who's idea was this? Oh yeah, but WHY?!

Then Orvar Säfström comes in and... @ 3:00. The douche-chills hit me like a Three Stooges slap. Guuueeeeggjjj I need some real Clandestine.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

DisruptioN
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:32 am 

what the fuck is that ....

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:57 am 

Sounds pretty fucking evil! Could be a soundtrack from some horror movie and it's a lot better than what Entombed have released since the early 90's.

Although Orvar doesn't sound as good. They should have just skipped the vocals.

Jasper92
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:37 am 

I think it's really cool. Symphony + distorted guitar = win imo. Vocals should be performed by someone else. I don't think they should've skipped the vocals, but Orvar doesn't a great job at it. If this comes out on a dvd/cd I will definitely buy this.

DeathFog
Temporally-Displaced Fossil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:03 pm 

The instrumental part sounds great, but the vocalist sounds weak and out of place. They should have re-arranged the vocal parts.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:47 pm 

Wow, it truly sounds great!! everything is very well implemented, even the vocals fit quite well with the mood.

I can't hear the weakness on the vocals either. I think Orvar sounds fine, if a bit more throaty than usual. Maybe he tried that style to not sound so out of place with a more brutal delivery and/or to give a more theatrical feeling to the vocals.

~Guest 40855
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:25 pm 

I was just gonna look for information about the new Entombed A.D. album, it seems that Entombed A.D. is missing in the artist section at Century Media's website... Don't know what the deal is this time, but I have a feeling that we won't be hearing any stuff from the new album in a long while... I don't know... Pretty much sucks though..

http://www.centurymedia.com/artists.aspx

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:40 pm 

They are on there, but there's stuff all information.

http://www.centurymedia.com/artist.aspx?IdArtist=708
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:10 am 

I don't see them there. Wonder what this means?

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:19 am 

tomcat_ha wrote:
apparently the clandestine gig is a one off...

I'm late to quote this, but if this is true, why force the active band that's not going to end to shove a dumb "A.D." on their name?

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:04 am 

All of this is bullshit is just disgusting. Entombed A.D. hasn't even fuckin' tried to let people know what's going on, and Hellid's Entombed has come out and said that the band is "not" working on a new album and is more interested with re-issuing their least famous albums. As far as I'm concerned, they can both go fuck themselves. This band is dead to me.

shwartzheim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:31 am 

MorbidEngel wrote:
tomcat_ha wrote:
apparently the clandestine gig is a one off...

I'm late to quote this, but if this is true, why force the active band that's not going to end to shove a dumb "A.D." on their name?

Have wondered this myself. Stranger still, the Clandestine show goes ahead without Nicke who is without a doubt the most crucial member of anything Entombed related, past or present. I know the official reason is that he had a tour lined up with another band but I have to wonder if he decided the whole thing was for the most part, a pointless mess? Or there's a hell of a lot more to it? Song-writing royalties maybe? I like LG but his only contribution that I'm aware of is the piano piece on To Ride.......
First four albums were predominantly Nicke/Uffe/Alex.
I may have answered my own question.

rexxz wrote:
it refers to a guitar tuning where you take the E standard scale and "drop" you low E string to a D, enabling you to play power chords with a single finger. It is for noobs and children.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:49 am 

I loved Entombed back in the day and swallowed many a turd of theirs hoping they would recover after putting out that abomination Same Difference, but clearly there is no saving this band. Seeing all of this makes me hope that Century Media scraps this 'new' album and they finally end all incarnations of this embarrassment and quit shitting on the legacy that Nicke built on LHP and Clandestine.

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:58 am 

Nicke is such a boss that any Entombed without him is fail.

Last.fm

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:12 pm 

I wonder if Johnny Hedlund is having a quiet laugh to himself seeing all this Hollywood-esque drama pan out. At any rate, I'm surprised a band like this would fall to such bullshit. It's a shame, but eh.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:57 am 

Johnny Hedlund got the best outcome I think. He's fronting a band that's slightly less legendary than Entombed, but here they are still cranking out decent albums every two years like clockwork.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:59 pm 

new song 'Bedlam Attack' can be listened to here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDdVPY4kPzU

they seem to have changed the logo for the release... looks weird (but pretty death metal-ish in the end), maybe we'll just have to get used to it from now on... But then again, It's just really fucked up that we're living in a world where there's an Entombed and an Entombed A.D. That's just really silly and unnecessary...

The song is pretty cool though , I liked it way more than the first single they released.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:52 pm 

That is the most laughably terrible logo in the history of everything. That looks like something I would have done lefthanded when I was drunk. I hope their next album art has some keydragons on it.

banishedtolive420
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:00 pm 

Everything aside. This song rips. It might not have been made by the real entombed but some OG sweeds definitely put out a great track.

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:59 pm 

That new song is friggin' great!!! Love how filthy the guitars sound.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:05 pm 

That song didn't sound flat to any of you guys? Drums and vocals are upfront and the instruments sound too separate. Not enough power behind any of it. Zero emotion.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

banishedtolive420
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:13 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
That song didn't sound flat to any of you guys? Drums and vocals are upfront and the instruments sound too separate. Not enough power behind any of it. Zero emotion.

No way they definitely intended on this. Just look at Nicke Anderson's Death Breath. You first listen to that guitar tone and are like..."what?" but it has that great old school characteristic that sets in after a few listens. It's hit or miss going for that style now a days. I think they killed it on this track.

My question is who was the main writer behind this album?

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:14 pm 

Just listened to the song. Not totally awful, but would have benefited tons from one of two things: 1) Much thicker, more vibrant production, or 2) an increase of about 50% in speed.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:36 pm 

Can't say I enjoyed it too much. The main riff wasn't bad, but I feel like at this tempo it could have used some more off-beat accents. It just didn't groove, which would have made it way more catchy and less boring (think of the kind of riffage you could hear on When Life Has Ceased, for something with a similar tempo and feel). The production is terrible. I get what they are going for but it just sounds flat and boring. The instruments need to blend more, if you know what I mean. I also really hate when a band does that think where all the instruments cut out for a second (like during the intro) and there is absolutely 0 noise coming from the recording, it just sounds weird and unnatural. That kind of stuff really only works if there is still some ambient background noise from the recording in between the stops

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:48 pm 

How the mighty have fallen even lower... The drumming was awful...

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:37 pm 

I like the song. It's not mind-blowing, but far better than I envisioned it being. It sounds like a mixture of some of the groovier stuff on "Left Hand Path" with the more moody and atmospheric stuff on "Morning Star". I also really love LG's voice these days. It's so powerful, especially considering he basically stopped growling altogether from Wolverine Blues to Inferno, one would think he had "lost it" :lol:.

My only worry is that this will be yet another lop-sided Entombed album. In my opinion, Entombed hasn't sounded really focused since Nicke left. "To Ride..." was really the last time I've heard an Entombed album that sounded like they took a lot of time to craft all the songs. I mean, as great as (some of) "Serpent Saints" & "When in Sodom" were, there was still some terrible shit on there (nothing on the "Mental Twin" level, but still...). Hopefully this will be a much better overall album.

the_heathen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:20 pm 

More idiots expecting great shit from a washed up band that should've stopped recording two decades ago.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:41 pm 

the_heathen wrote:
More idiots expecting great shit from a washed up band that should've stopped recording two decades ago.

That's a really horrible expectation since there are lots of bands that make comebacks.

This seems to suffer from just terrible production. And why are the guitars so quiet?

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:00 pm 

Sounds like a 45 played at 33.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:01 pm 

the_heathen wrote:

Which idiots? I certainly didn't expect anything good out of this album. Even though the track was pretty fuckin' dull it was actually still somewhat better than what I was expecting, to be honest. Still not something I'd even consider spending money on, though.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:50 am 

A faster tempo would improve dramatically the song. Not terrible but way far from what they could do.

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:13 am 

schizoid wrote:
Sounds like a 45 played at 33.

qft

a low-tempo thing like this needs to groove; this doesn't. i'm also not digging the vocals - too much of a tough-guy thing going on there

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:13 pm 

enjoyable song to me, reminded me to uprising most of all.

Nolax
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:39 pm 

To me, Entombed A.D. is a whole new band with former Entombed members because of the band break-up.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:31 am 

new 'interview' (it's actually more a bunch of quotes) with Entombed A.D.

http://www.joelgausten.com/2014/08/ento ... -path.html

it seems they still can't talk about whatever issue there is between them and Hellid :roll:

shwartzheim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:41 pm 

Well, that was pretty uninformative. So much drama for a band way past their sell by date has me starting to wonder if this is just a publicity stunt?

rexxz wrote:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next