Finland: Wednesday, 30th November 2011
Europe: Friday, 2nd December 2011
Australia: Tuesday, January 6th 2012
USA & Canada: Sunday, 10th January 2012
Japan: Monday, January 11th 2012
New Zealand: Friday, January 16th 2012
The digipak version of the album includes another cd with the entire Imaginaerum -album as an instrumental version.
- Despite being instrumental even on the regular edition, the "CD2 version" of Arabesque omits a few oriental folk elements compared to the "regular" version.
- There "instrumental" (full instruments, no vocals) versions on the 2nd CD of the limited edition are different from the "orchestral" (just orchestration) versions on the 2nd CD of the tour edition of the album.
Official vinyl editions:
- marbled 2LP, numbered and limited to 250 copies
- grey 2LP, numbered and limited to 250 copies
- clear 2LP
- picture 2LP
- white 2LP, front cover has "Limited Silver Vinyl" printed on it because this was originally intended to be silver vinyl but the colour was changed due to manufacturing difficulties
- golden 2LP, numbered and limited to 100 copies, sold exclusively to bronze status customers at the Nuclear Blast webshop
- black 2LP
- dark blue 2LP, numbered and limited to 150 copies
- orchestral clear 2LP
- orchestral black 2LP, numbered and limited to 150 copies
- Double CD (including the instrumental version) in Digibook;
- One-tracked CD of the "Rest Calm" demo, without the child chorus;
- An Imaginaerum mirror.
Exclusive Digital EP released by Roadrunner Records 10/01/12 (four exclusive bonus tracks):
01. Storytime (demo) (05:25)
02. I Want My Tears Back (demo) (05:10)
03. Slow, Love, Slow (demo) (05:17)
04. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove (demo) (04:06)
The Digital EP was released as Japanese bonus tracks by Warner Music Japan.
Tour Edition (2CD / DVD) (11/04/12):
CD 1: Imaginaerum 13 tracks
CD 2: Imaginaerum 12 tracks (Orchestral Versions) ("I Want my Tears Back" doesn't have orchestrals)
CD 3: DVD: Making Of Imaginaerum Documentary
The last track, "Imaginaerum", is a medley of all songs from the album.
"The loved ones & the fellowship" are credited for reciting the stanzas in track 12.
Line-up is called The Imagineers in the booklet
Guest musicians is called Fellow Imagineers in the booklet
Orchestra and choir:
The choir group Metro Voices contributed vocals, led by choir mistress Jenny O'Grady. The Young Musicians London also contributed vocals, led by Lynda Richardson and co-ordinated by Jenny O'Grady.
The orchestra, called "The Looking Glass Orchestra", was led by Thomas Bowes and conducted by James Shearman.
The orchestra and choir was arranged, orchestrated and directed by Pip Williams.