June 22nd (Europe)
July 3rd (North America)
Limited edition first pressing is released as a lush digibook with a 32-page booklet and comes with a bonus DVD and one bonus track:
10. March of Time (Helloween
Bonus DVD contains:
- Dark Fate of Atlantis (video clip) (04:58)
- Making of the video (10:23)
- Interview with Sebastian Roeder
- Interview with Luca Turilli (19:39)
- Interview with Alessandro Conti (09:14)
- Interview with Dominique Leurquin (04:45)
- Interview with Patrice Guers (05:52)
- Alex Landenburg
(drum improvisation) (03:35)
Also released as a 2xLP blue or orange vinyl.
Bonus tracks for Japan:
10. In the Mirror (Loudness
11. March of Time (Helloween
Alex Holzwarth was briefly a full member of the band, but left soon after recording the drums tracks for this album and is officially credited as a guest musician.
Track 9 - "Of Michael the Archangel and Lucifer's Fall" is divided into three parts:
I. In Profundis
II. Fatum Mortalis
III. Ignis Divinus
The melody of the chorus of "Excalibur" was taken from Schubert's "Moment Musical N.5 in F Minor".
The main guitar solo of "Dante's Inferno" was inspired to Czerny's "Etude N.14, Op.740".
Video clip for "Dark Fate of Atlantis" was made by Owe Lingvall