Drums, bass, acoustic guitars and vocals recorded between March and May 2011 at Fantom studio.
All electric guitars recorded in May 2011 at Gothenburg Rock Studios.
Keyboards recorded in May 2011 at Noiseworks studio.
One for Sorrow was mixed in June 2011 at Fantom studio and mastered in July 2011.
Co-produced by Insomnium.
Keyboards composed by Aleksi Munter and Ville Friman
Keyboards arranged by Aleksi Munter and Hannu Honkonen
Art Direction and Illustration by Soulcarver Media.
Finland: October 12th
Europe: October 17th
USA: October 18th
Limited edition contains 1 bonus track:
11. Weather the Storm (04:54)
Japanese edition contains both songs from the "Weather the Storm" single as bonus:
11. Weather the Storm (04:55)
12. Beyond the Horizon (05:11)
Music videos were made for the songs "One for Sorrow", "Through the Shadows" and "Regain the Fire".
Re-released in 2012 by Century Media as a 2CD edition.
1. Inertia (Live at Wacken 2012)
2. Through the Shadows (Live at Wacken 2012)
3. Only One Who Waits (Live at Wacken 2012)
4. Unsung (Live at Wacken 2012)
5. One for Sorrow (Live at Wacken 2012)
The band made a documentary about this album, covering its inception, recording, line-up changes and subsequent tours. It was released in parts on the Century Media Records
The line "Sleep of reason, produces monsters" in "Inertia" is from a Fransisco Goya artwork.