Recorded, mixed and mastered at Sweet Silence Studios, Copenhagen, Denmark, from August to November 1994 and January to March 1995.
Backing vocals recorded at Karo Studio, Brackel, Germany in December 1994.
Cat. nr. 840337 2
The lyrics are mostly based on Arthurian legends and general Camelot folklore, a subject Hansi Kürsch
had been reading extensively about just prior to the writing sessions for the album.
A video was made for "Bright Eyes". The band had wanted to make a video for "A Past and Future Secret" instead, but Virgin Records chose the former.
Another, mostly live, video for the song "Born in a Mourning Hall", was included on the "Imaginations Through the Looking Glass" DVD.
A limited edition picture disc LP was released, in a white sleeve with a sticker, limited to 1000 copies.
Japanese release by Victor Entertainment (VICP-5519) includes two bonus tracks:
10. The Wizard (Uriah Heep cover) (03:17)
11. The Script For My Requiem [Extended Demo Version] (07:01)
There's an Argrentinian (limited) version of the album. It has a slightly altered tracklist concerning the bonus tracks:
10. I'm Alive (Demo Version) (05:20)
11. Imaginations From the Other Side (Demo) (07:13)
12. A Past and Future Secret (Demo) (03:37)
13. The Script for My Requiem (Demo) (07:01)
The 2007 remaster bonus tracks:
10. A Past and Future Secret (Demo Version) (03:37)
11. Imaginations from the Other Side (Demo Version) (07:13)
12. The Script for My Requiem (Demo Version) (07:01)
13. Bright Eyes (Video)
14. Born in a Mourning Hall (Video)
The title track references the works of L. Frank Baum, Lewis Carroll, J M Barrie, JRR Tolkien, Michael Moorcock and, like the rest of the album, Arthurian legends.